Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
AWhalen

Have I made a huge mistake buying from Lenovo???

I've ordered a W520, the lenovo site said the transaction had been declined, I called my bank to find out why and they told me that the order had successfully been made and the charge had been made to my account.

I have had no order e mail from Lenovo, and have just been going through the countless amounts of complaints on here from the past few years and am not so confident about the situation.

I have no order number, anybody have any suggestions?

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: Have I made a huge mistake buying from Lenovo???

Have you contacted Lenovo on the phone?  If you call them and they can't find an order, then it seems you should have the bank charges reversed.  No sense in paying for a machine you'll never receive.

As for ordering a machine right now, how critical is your need?  Some folks believe the Ivy Bridge machines are just a few weeks away.  Other folks believe this summer.  Then other folks think Q3.

Punch Card
td44

Call Lenovo, they should be able to find your order based on your personal info and correct any error.

The majority of posts on any forum are going to be complaints and problems, no one comes to a forum to say everything works great (would you post if your order went through fine?).

eos
Token Ring
eos

What country are you in? If you ordered from the UK site, Lenovo will probably not know anything. Try calling DigitalRiver first: lenovo.en.cs@digitalriver.com 01475 555 055
DigitalRiver is the company who operate the website (it is only made to look like its a Lenovo site), and the lack of communication between the two companies caused me months of pain.
Serial Port
adrianTNT

I had some similar situations, if Lenovo will decline your order , you might still see an "authorization hold" on your card or bank accunt, meaning that the bank is keeping the money and waiting for the merchant to take them, usually this takes 30 days and money will return to you if the merchant will not claim them. 

In my case the bank asked for a print screen showing that merchant decliened the transaction, then they returned the money without having to wait.

I think Lenovo can avoid this by not triggering authorization holds in client's account when they actually refuse a transaction.

I hope this helps.

Paper Tape
AWhalen

Thanks for the replies people. Still no further with my situation.

As for Ivy Bridge/Sandy Bridge. To be honest I dont 'need' the w520 right away, although it would be useful for me. Really I have a few months before it's an essential (I'm going back to uni for my Architecture masters), but with Ivy Bridge would I really feel the benefits, it seems to me the real improvement is just the increase for integrated graphics and not much else. For a workstation surely this means nothing?

However, my technical know how is not that great so maybe I am missing something? If the release date is April 29th how long do you think it would take for lenovo to offer the w520 with the new bridge?

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

The people that know the exact specs and launch plan won't answer your questions.

In general, the Intel HD 4000 is expected to be a stronger integrated GPU.  For the non workstation market, it probably means they won't have to supply hybrid dual GPU designs like Optimus.

For the portable workstation market, who knows what Lenovo will deliver.  I assume they'll stick with the Quadro Optimus approach but I'd rather see them do a GeForce GTX 670M or something.

Be sure and give yourself plenty of lead time on an order. 

802.11n
biznatch

[ Edited ]

AWhalen wrote:

Still no further with my situation.

Have you called Lenovo yet?  That's the first thing I would have done, before coming to the forums, immediately after trying to place the order.  If you have called then what have they said?  If Lenovo says there's no order and your credit card says there is, then call your credit card company and tell them to cancel the payment.  Then you can reorder if you want, or go with another company.

I don't know if this is the same or a different issue from what you're having, but I ordered 3 ThinkPads last fall over the course of about a month, and for some reason for just one of them they couldn't verify the shipping address without me calling first, even though I had used the same credit card and shipping address for two previous laptops and the shipping address was already added to my credit card account.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
W520 i7-2720QM | 32 GB RAM 1333 MHz | FHD 1920x1080 | Quadro 1000M | Windows 7 & Ubuntu 12.04
256 GB Crucial M4 mSATA + 2 x 1 TB Hitachi Travelstar 7200 rpm | BIOS 1.38
Broadband 3G
JDay

Lenovo puts a hold on the funds and does not actually take them from your account until the machine ships. They do this to insure you can pay for the machine before they process your order.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

Awhalan,

Jday (thanks!) is correct that often what is seen is a charge hold, and this can be compounded if people repeatedly try to make a transaction go through.  There are few posts claiming Lenovo charged two or three times.

In most cases, these charge holds drop off in a couple days, but having seen them on my on CC bills for something that wasn't truly a transaction (a successful one) I know it can be concerning.

I would give sales a call to see why the transaction didn't complete.   If they confirm there is no transaction, then just watch your bank for a couple days to make sure it clears.  There really isn't a charge to dispute, and there isn't much Lenovo can do to make the bank move faster.

Please keep us posted if you need more help!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español