Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
onion_eye
Accepted Solution

Headset w/ microphone dilemma

[ Edited ]

I haven't been able to find a headset w/ microphone with single plug to match the combination headset/microphone jack on my W510. Anybody have a source? (later) Found a connector on Amazon Item #B002SK66OY. 

802.11n
ZipZap

Get a USB headset

[ Edited ]

Hi, Onion_Eye,

Please don't cry! :smileyvery-happy:

The sound quality is way better with USB. Forget analog. You can get one at Radio Shack or anywhere else.

For example

Best, ZZ

Blue Screen Again
onion_eye

Re: Get a USB headset

Thanks ZZ.  I tried a USB headset (Microsoft) and it didn't work for me.  In any event, as you may have seen in my edited post that I found a connector at Amazon for the headset I do have (came with Dragon Naturally Speaking). 

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: Get a USB headset

If you tried http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-JUG-00001-LifeChat-LX-3000-Headset/dp/B000J4WPW8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electr... and it didn't work, then it's your machine not the headset. I have used that particular model quite a bit.

I prefer a lighter weight headset that doesn't cup my entire ear so I use a Plantronics set.  You don't have to spend a fortune on the USB headset but you can give up on analog.

RAID Mirror
PanEuropean

Re: Headset w/ microphone dilemma

onion_eye wrote:

I haven't been able to find a headset w/ microphone with single plug to match the combination headset/microphone jack on my W510. Anybody have a source?

Any Blackberry headset from the past 8 years of production (the ones with the little ear-buds and microphone on the cable) will work just fine.  I suspect that other brands of cell phone headsets will also work just fine.  The connector on the W520 (which I presume is the same as the connector on a W510) is identical to the connector on current production Blackberry phones.

Michael

W520 (4270 CTO), which replaced a W500 (4062-27U), which replaced a T42P, which replaced an A21P...
eos
802.11n
eos

Get the Logitec 960 USB headset. The will outlast 3 normal headsets, and have very good quality.
Blue Screen Again
onion_eye

Thanks to all for your suggestions.