Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
imicallef

I cannot get my webcam to work! I've tried everything! Please Help

So I got the Lenovo Thinkpad W500 around a month ago and at first the integrated webcam worked prefectly for my programs like Skype and Oovoo to webchat with. However after around a week or two it randomly stop working and none of the programs recognized any sort of webcam. I can't make any sort of video chat and I can't access the settings or webcam center from the tray icons toolbar.

I went to my device manager and looked for it under imaging devices and it should have been there but wasnt. I reinstalled all the drivers and files for it from here: link I installed it in the manual way it says at the bottom the page but when it finished installing it would just close instead of giving me a message to finish or anything. I still can't get the camera to work and i don't know why.

Any help or suggestions?!

Token Ring
Wendel

Re: I cannot get my webcam to work! I've tried everything! Please Help

The random nature of the failure makes it hard to diagnose. The camera is based on a Ricoh 5U875 chip. Possibly it is sick or the camera that's attached has problems. I'd call Lenovo and see if the techs have any easy tests you can try short of a complete reinstallation. You may have to send it in for service if it's hardware related.