Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Chkon
Accepted Solution

Is it possible - two hard drives in w510

Hello, on Lenovo specification page about w510 ( http://www.pc.ibm.com/europe/thinkpad/why/ru/wseries/thinkpad_wseries.html?ru&ru&cc=ru ) I`ve found "Жесткий диск До 2x320 ГБ RAID 0" (in English - "Hard Drive Up to 2x320 GB RAID 0") is it means that it is possible to install two hard drives? In wich specifications it is possible?
Maliha

Re: Is it possible - two hard drives in w510

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You need Thinkpad Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay adapter to put the second HDD in W510:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-73170.html

It will work in any W510's configuration.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Blue Screen Again
Chkon

Thanks! It's exactly what i want!
May I ask one thing? What would you choose Lenovo ThinkPad W510 with 1.6 GGC core i7 and 1920*1080 display or HP Envy 17-110er?
802.11n
Santoku

Chkon wrote:
Thanks! It's exactly what i want!
May I ask one thing? What would you choose Lenovo ThinkPad W510 with 1.6 GGC core i7 and 1920*1080 display or HP Envy 17-110er?

Without knowing the rest of the specifications, at the least you are comparing a 15.6" business-class laptop with a 17.3" entertainment laptop. As such, they will each have certain strength and weakness based upon their intended environment and purposes. That being said, I just went through the whole decision matrix myself between a Lenvo T/W-510 or one of the entertainment options from Dell, HP and Asus. I went with the W510 b/c it came the closest to having some of the power of the multimedia laptops, but had far better ergonomics and build quality, which were important to me for what I am using it for.

The best advice I could offer, would be to make a list of all of your "desires" for a laptop, and then sort them into wants vs. needs, and prioritize them. Use this as a criteria against which to narrow down, and then compare the different offerings. In the end you will still need to simply make a decision, however by that time, you should be happy with whatever you end up choosing. Cheers !

Blue Screen Again
Chkon

Is it comfort with such big (1920*1080) resolution on not a big (15.6) screen?
802.11n
Santoku

Chkon wrote:
Is it comfort with such big (1920*1080) resolution on not a big (15.6) screen?

This will be my first 15.6" laptop with a FHD screen, so until I receive it, I cannot give you an accurate, although ultimately subjective, appraisal. Screen resolution, font size, etc. are quite personal. I would suggest going to a local retailer and find a 15.6" laptop with a FHD screen and see for yourself.