Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
danbwbr

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad W510 hangs at Windows 7 boot screen

I know you're trying to make a joke, but maybe save it for people who haven't been waiting for a fix to an issue with 30+ laptops in an enterprise for weeks.  Thanks.

Blue Screen Again
nickjkay

LOL XP on my T510 and it ran slow.  I read somwhere else that there were problems with running anything over 720P over display port, I really hope that this isn't the case.

Paper Tape
chrigi75

Hi! I observe exactely the same problem with my W510 with Mini Dock... Did you finally find a solution for the problem? Thank you so much for leting me know!

Token Ring
don820

There is no solution yet -- you need to call Lenovo support and explain the issue to them and how frustrating it is, and that as a customer you hope they are working on a fix.

Paper Tape
sfrable713

I jsut had a similiar problem.  My system crashed (blue screen of death) for the first time and reccomended that I restart first. 

It hung there for about 10 minutes, but I was patient.  It is now working fine but I am worried, I will keep you updated if it becomes an issue.  I do not have new BIOS BTW.

Serial Port
danbwbr

don820 wrote:

There is no solution yet -- you need to call Lenovo support and explain the issue to them and how frustrating it is, and that as a customer you hope they are working on a fix.

I have also submitted my ticket to CDW, who we bought the laptops through and they are going to try to use their power to get someone at lenovo to address it.  I have 35 of these now and every single one of them has the issue when connected to a dock with a monitor attached, even at bios 1.17, BIOS 1.19 is out now but does not contain any listed fixes relating to anything like this.  I think it is the video card driver myself at this point.

Token Ring
don820

I can confirm for sure that the 1.19 BIOS doesn't address this.

Paper Tape
garrettct

I am having the exact same issue with my W510.  Very annoying.

Paper Tape
chrigi75

My W510 is suffering exactely the same problem when running it with the Mini-Dock and an external Monitor. BIOS upgrade didn't help. However, did anyone of you ever try to reinstall the complete system?

Paper Tape
chrigi75

Did already anybody receive an answer form lenovo?