Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
dzaval

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad W510 hangs at Windows 7 boot screen

JamieZ - I have had an opportunity to review the issue further and have discovered that my Dell WFP2208 MONITOR does not seem to be the issue. The problem seems to be that it has a USB hub included with it. I noticed that when I left the monitor plugged in, but UNplugged the USB hub from the monitor, it will boot just fine. Also, if I turn off tthe monitor (and therefore the USB hub) it will also boot. However, if the monitor is plugged into the VGA port and in Power Save mode, and  the USB hub is plugged into one of the the LH side USB ports on the W510, it will not boot. It hangs every time.

What is the fix for this? I have seen other posts (not in this thread) that also discuss this problem, but I have not seen a fix from Lenovo. Please advise. This remains an annoying issue.

Again, all drivers, updates from Lenovo, Windows update and BIOS are the latest versions. If there is something I am missing, please advise. Thank you.

What's DOS?
uncynd

I have the issue where if anything is plugged into the USB slots it won't even boot the BIOS screen. It seems to be the same issue as you're having. I've been following google for a solution to my problem for a year. Lenovo; this issue hasn't been addressed by you yet that is embarrasing. I don't think I would buy a lenovo again, just seems too easy of a fix and too inefficient as a support staff. Please fix it now.

kr9
Retired Employee
JameZ

@dzaval and uncynd,

If you have tried reseating the RAMs, HDD and have all the latest windows and Lenovo drivers and BIOS updated.

Do contact the service to get the laptop checked.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
ramgupta

Hi All,

I have w510 since last Nov'2010. I am big fan of Lenovo also using T61 from last 5 years.

My w510 ThinkVantage software got corrupted. I do have windows7 disk from Lenovo. Earlier once I used the same disk and able to install the Win7 around  months back.

I have 3 original DVD from Lenovo.

1) Operating System Recovery Disk Windows 7 Professional (Start your recovery operation with this disk)  - Disk 1 of 1

2) Applications and Drivers Recovery Disk - Windows 7 Recovery  Media for Windows 7 Products - Disk 1 of 1

3) Additional Software Recovery Disk - Windows 7 Recovery Media for Windows 7 and windows Vista Products

Startup boot sequence is DVD.

Whenever I tried to boot with any of the DVD's none of them boot. I know which is first to use but just tried all to see what the issue is.

By Mistake used the wrong old Recovery disk from my T61 which worked without any issue and installed the ThinkVintage Technolgogies software but it did not accept Windows 7 disk but my old operating system disk. 

Am I missing any disk from the above list. I do have right power adapter.

I need urgent help as it is weekend and there will be no support  from Lenovo.