Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
anekswe

Re: I only mentioned the IPad to make a point on the state of...

ColonelONeill wrote:

Lenovo needs less following, and more leading.

Depends on how close you follow the leader.

I think Lenovo should keep focusing on reliable, top notch equipment for "doers", and let other companies drive the evolution (and hype).

But it is a narrow space between hype and yesterdays technology.

Lenovo really needs to keep up.

If the marketing people of Lenovo cant see simple demands like display real estate as something that customers indeed will pay for, then there is not much hope.

Lenovo is already starting to smell like "yesterday".

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

[ Edited ]

lets see whether Apple can keep its magic in another 2 or 3 years, i am already seeing the slow decline in innovation at Apple Inc with the release of the iPhone 4S and iPad 3 (which should really be a 2S). Tick Tock....

Also, none of these screen technologies that Apple use are proprietary, the technology has existed for sometimes already. The only reason they can implement many of these innovations in hardware, is the fact that they have the advantage of production volume and tighter vertical integration in the supply chain. If Lenovo can produce products at these numbers, then it could easily implement much of what Apple has put in, but the fact is Lenovo don't sell that many numbers of similarly configured machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_T220/T221_LCD_monitors

I am curious why some people don't say things like hey Apple implement WWAN in your laptop or design a hinge that allows the screen to have 180 degrees of motion, why Blu-ray isn't available in your machines.. and how about moving the cold air intake away from where the hot air is exhausting from? 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Token Ring
Chatbox

[ Edited ]

"why Blu-ray isn't available in your machines"...this I can try to answer.

iTunes store, Apple TV....

Kinda like Sony back in the days of MD and ATRAC vs MP3.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

that is exactly right, Apple only offers features that it thinks will benefit itself in the long run not the users.

It may offer more in some areas, but you are shortchanged in other areas too.

As such it is unfair to compare Apple's strategy with that of Lenovo's, also Apple's product release cycle are sometimes ahead of its competitors for certain features, it won't mean that the Window running PC competitor will be far behind if they see what Apple offers in terms of hardware can bring in more revenue.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
802.11n
biznatch

huberth wrote:

The 2012 MacBook Pros are expected to have 2880x1800 pixel displays:

http://gizmodo.com/5884734/the-next+generation-macbook-pro-2012

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/10/ces-2012-panasonics-20-inch-display-at-216-ppi-arrives-amid-rumo...

I hope that Lenovo can keep up ...

If the resolution of the screen is that high, the software is going to have to keep up.  Everything will be so rediculously tiny.  Windows 7 lets you increase the DPI/size of everything to 150%, I think we'd need a 200% option.  I keep mine at 125% with the FHD screen.  So with higher and higher resolutions I don't think you'd be getting much more on the screen, it'd just get clearer...maybe...programs would have to be designed to utilize the higher resolution.  If you just stretch everything by increasing DPI then you're not really getting a clearer picture I don't think.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
W520 i7-2720QM | 32 GB RAM 1333 MHz | FHD 1920x1080 | Quadro 1000M | Windows 7 & Ubuntu 12.04
Crucial M500 480GB mSATA + 2 x 1 TB Hitachi Travelstar 7200 rpm | BIOS 1.38
802.11n
ZipZap

Re: I only mentioned the IPad to make a point on t..

[ Edited ]

Hi, guys,

@Anekswe started this thread by comparing the W520 to the iPad, a bit of nonsense. Why not compare the Ford F-150 to the Smart Car?

The W520 is as utilitarian for many people, such as software developers, engineers, etc., as the F-150 is to people who actually use it to do a day's work, such as  a construction crew, delivery service, or farmer. So if you are really a soccer mom, don't complain that the upholstery isn't soft enough for your tastes. :smileytongue:

Fanfold Paper
anekswe

ZipZap wrote:

@Anekswe started this thread by comparing the W520 to the iPad, a bit of nonsense.

Why not compare the Ford F-150 to the Smart Car?

If the F-150 had cart wheels, it would make sense to compare it to any car at all, just to let Ford know why you are not buying their car.

Fanfold Paper
anekswe

Just another example

[ Edited ]
802.11n
ZipZap

Re: Just another example

[ Edited ]

Hi, A,

The Asus Zenbook isn't in the same category as the W520; closer than the iPad, but not in the same category.

If you want to compare, check out the Dell Precision line.

For my next review, I will demonstrate how the Laborghini has better styling the the W520... sigh.

W520 vs. Lamborghini

I admit it. I prefer the Lamborghini. It's faster, and it doesn't just come in black.   :robottongue:

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: Just another example

For all we know, maybe the W530 is already slated for a 2560x1600 screen and the core point of this discussion is moot.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase