Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
amber

Monitor won't resume after sleep after change in power state

Hi Everyone,

I have a Lenovo W500 (4058 CTO), with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, 4.00GB Ram (3.90 Usable), Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9600 @2.80GHZ.

My problem is this:

I can put my computer to sleep, but when I open it (wake it up) after changing the power state while it was sleeping (from battery to outlet, or vice versa), the monitor wont resume. I have to push the power button an put it back to sleep, and then wake it up again to make the monitor work. If I put it to sleep, and then wake it up, without changing the power state (leave it as its initial state when it was put to sleep - battery, or plugged in), then the monitor resumes as normal upon wakeup.

Please help, this problem is getting quite annoying!

Thanks,

A

What's DOS?
rtomoham

Re: Monitor won't resume after sleep after change in power state

I never thought about the change in power, but this sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing. Very, very annoying.

I'll run some tests to determine if it really is the case.

What's DOS?
rtomoham

Re: Monitor won't resume after sleep after change in power state

Interesting, if I put the laptop to sleep while on battery power and try to get it back w/ external power, the screen remains blank (so need to put it back to sleep and wake it up again to be able to see the screen).

The other scenario, putting to sleep w/ external power and waking up on battery power, didn't result in a blank screen.