Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
bwieg92

Motherboard Replacement Delays

[ Edited ]

I recently was having issues where my W520 would randomly just shut off.  It wasn't necessarily at times of high load or heat, it just shut off.  About 50% of the time there was a blue screen, and the rest of the time there was nothing.  In the event viewer it only said that the error was due to an unexpected power loss.  I sent the laptop in to get repaired and the depot received it today, and they say the motherboard needs replaced.  However, they also say that they are out of motherboards and I have to wait until more are in stock.  That wouldn't be a problem, except they also said the new motherboard won't be in until NOVEMBER 9!!!  That's 3 1/2 weeks away!  I'm in school and can't wait that long . . . anyways my main question right now is are there a lot of people having motherboard issues similar to mine?  Or why else would they be out of stock for so long?  Any input here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brent

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Re: Motherboard Replacement Delays

3 1/2 weeks is an unacceptable amount of time for a thinkpad repair. I would demand a replacement or a loaner.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
bwieg92

[ Edited ]

That's what I was thinking.  That's literally almost 1/12 of my warranty period.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bwieg92

Not to mention that this is the 2nd time I've sent the same laptop in for similar issues, and just I got it in June.