Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
frensel

My W500 display becomes dark

Last week, I suddenly discovered that the brightness of my W500 was decreased when I turned on my W500. I found that the right part of the display seems too dim in comparison to the left. It is really uncomfortable to use the computer.

However, 2 days after this thing happened, the brightness of the display was recovered (I switch off my computer everyday). So I have a chance to take photos of the bright screen and the dark screen under the same condition to compare the brightness of the screen, and one can see that they have significant differences.Here are two pics

bright one: http://hi.baidu.com/frenselx/album/item/9bd4f8dcc33a0dbfcc116625.html

dark one: http://hi.baidu.com/frenselx/album/item/d5e0b3de6abb6646cdbf1a25.html

Unfortunately, my display became the dark one again this morning. I can't predict which day it is happy and become bright again. Can anyone give me some suggestions of this problem?

Punch Card
mjcon

Re: My W500 display becomes dark

I've had my W500 (4061-AD4 with XP SP2) for about a month and yesterday I got the same problem as this. It recovered briefly when I started it up again this morning but now the RH side is really quite dim - for example it's hard to see the windows clock in the system tray. I updated everything I could see in ThinkVantage System Update but that didn't fix anything. I assume this is a hardware problem, has anyone else seen it and is the only fix to return to Lenovo? I hope not!

Martin 

Blue Screen Again
frensel

Re: My W500 display becomes dark

It is really strange, 2 - 4 days bright and 2 - 4 days dim, now my display is quite bright. However, I have called Lenovo for this problem, but some departments of Lenovo are not working now (Chinese new year holiday). I will take my laptop to Lenovo in the next week.