Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
xtsubarublazin

Nvidia Driver Crashed and Recovered

I've been getting errors that say my 258 version nVidia Driver crashed and recovered. It's happened probably five times since I got my new replacement machine.

This time, it managed to corrupt a 3DS max file I was working on for school, so I just lost a bunch of work. I'm really close to just throwing my machine away and spending another $2700 on a Dell or something. 

Before I do that though, what could cause a driver to crash like that? I've updated to the version on nVidia's site, since Lenovo's driver is over a year old. Do I need to revert?

Every day I'm more disappointed with the build quality and reliability of something I spent so much money for. I do believe this is the last time I will *ever* purchase anything from this company.

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: Nvidia Driver Crashed and Recovered

xtsubarublazin wrote:

Before I do that though, what could cause a driver to crash like that? I've updated to the version on nVidia's site, since Lenovo's driver is over a year old. Do I need to revert?

It is not recommended that you use drivers from Nvidia's Website for your system(It may have a customized version) .... didn't you get a warning dialog when you tried to download them?

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Token Ring
xtsubarublazin

No, I got no warning.

I just reverted to my old driver. How do I make sure it matches Lenovo's preferred version? I looked in device manager and in the TV toolbox but I don't see a version number related to the 258 I was running before (logically I'd see like a 198 or something).

Token Ring
playersnoopy

are you overclocking your graphics card?

one possiblity is part of the gpu is overheating, I've had the message before when I overclocked my gpu and was doing something really gpu intensive.