Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
mikeselld

Re: W series shipping thread

No change in my status. No call. If they could say it is not hung up in never-never land forever, it would be much less irritating. I don't want to be in this state for months. They need to fix their problem.

I think I will post everyday for now. I will call later today when I have a spare half hour. (this may not happen)

Order number if anyone can do anything is  2D2WH2

Punch Card
ol3skl

I tried to call no less then 15 times yesterday and absolutely nobody could get me through to somebody that could give me an actual answer besides "it's an issue with the Warehouse and we have an Executive Team looking into it". Tried everytime to speak to a customer service supervisor and every time I was told that there were none available. Great Customer Service there!!!

I'm finding it hard to believe that an order that was in for 2 weeks is all of the sudden pushed back 2 more weeks due to a "warehouse communication issue". BS! Take care of the customers and get some results.

Punch Card
mikeselld

I only called once and didn't have time to mess with it.

I don't believe the CS reps have any power to fix this but I will keep call when I have time. I just want to know whither to cancel and reorder. Since I'm using EPP I can't return it if they send two. I'm not sure a cancel would "take" so I could end up with two computers.

HP and even Gateway have both been much better than this. They are getting down to Dell level here.

Punch Card
ol3skl

[ Edited ]

I just got off the phone with a Level 2 Supv and got the same run around. Problem with the system that sends orders to the warehouse and an executive team is working on it..blah blah blah. How does it take two weeks for a warehouse to realize that no W500 orders are being processed or even received? How is there not a backup system for the ordering process? And really, how much faith am I supposed to have in a computer company that hasn't been able to solve an IT issue in two weeks? And if it's taking an "executive" team two weeks to resolve the issue, isn't it time for a new "executive" team.

I know when I'm getting the run around, and I'm out of breath from this one. And of course nothing was done to try to keep my business or my wife's.

Great Customer Service Lenovo!!

Message Edited by ol3skl on 10-15-2008 08:42 AM
Punch Card
mikeselld

[ Edited ]

We should keep this up. This is a Lenovo board. Maybe we can get some attention. I posted on NBR yesterday but no response there.

You would think somebody (or a few somebody's) could hand check if the order made it through and reenter on the other system if needed as a temporary fix. Also once they know the problem, I see not attempt to FIX IT.

Are they that clueless on customer service? Hand walk the thing through and give me overnight shipping and I'm happy. Things happen to systems but if you know about it and don't respond YOU are the problem not just the system.

Message Edited by mikeselld on 10-15-2008 12:01 PM
Punch Card
ol3skl

For some reason I seriously doubt we'll see any kind of satisfactory explanation on the matter.

What really irks me about the whole situation is that WE had to take the initiative to contact THEM when it should have been the other way around.

When I brought that up I was told that they don't have anybody handling internet orders....why not?? You want to base a portion of you business on internet sales than it might be a good idea to have some people handling those orders, don't you think?

Fanfold Paper
imparator

I now see more people who are in the same position as I've been on for the last 3 weeks. I ordered W500 laptop 5 weeks ago and called lenovo every week to get some updates and since then I only got the same answer as you all did. Something happened to warehouse and "Executive" team is working on it and Rep promised me to call me when any changes happen to my order. They got until Friday. Nothing happens until this Friday, I'll cancel the order. I'm sick of Lenovo. What kind of customer service is this? I'm even considering buying a Dell Latitude E6500. Just FYI, if you don't want to wait 5 weeks for a laptop, you may want to reconsider other alternatives.

good luck to all.

Punch Card
mikeselld

Is this special just for the W500 or are other models having the same issue?
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,307
Solutions: 283

Mikeselld, imparator, Ol3skl,

Sorry for your experience thus far.   I know that W series have shipped and are shipping, but there seems to be some config issue with your particular orders such that the order system is rejecting them back when they are sent to manufacturing. 

I have imparator's order # (thanks), and Mikdeselld, your order has split and the portion with your system on it is now 9FQLWL (split is when we've already shipped part of the order).

Ol3skl, if you'll PM me your order number, I'll try to follow up on it as well.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
mikeselld

Good to have Mark on the case and any help is appreciate.

I did just get a call from "Dustin" the CS rep I talked with yesterday. He talk with supervisors and while he was assured they are close to a solution but still nothing specific but he will keep trying. I feel better that CS while powerless to fix this is still trying. A big thumbs up for Dustin and his trying even though he has not succeed yet. Now if it gets fixed for everyone..............