Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
dimsdale

Return to upgrade screen?

I have the 1600x900 screen and I'm finding it barely bright enough.  If I want to return it to get one with the FHD (brighter) screen, what is the procedure for that? 

Or more specifically, do I get hit with some kind of return/exchange fee?

I've only had the PC in hand for less than a week.

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,202
Solutions: 1,277

Re: Return to upgrade screen?

i think you need to talk to the Lenovo customer service and see what sort of deals you can work out regarding the return of the current machine. They may or may not hit you with a 15% return surcharge.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Serial Port
hgkaroley

I had a dim screen on a T61P compared to a lower definition screen.  Found that you could increase brightness in BIOS.

Look there before you return your system.

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey dimsdale,

I know this will sound silly but try all your settings before you return your monitor. Did you check your moniter setting and make sure they are set to max? Did you go into your Graphic properites and check your brightness? Check your brightness setting in Power manager?

If you do decide to return your monitor here is the link:

http://shop.lenovo.com/ISS_Static/ww/ag/merchandising/us/popups/returnpolicy.html

That talks about the return policy and would seem you fall under the being charger the 15% restocking fee.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!