Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
meikel5246

ThinkPad W510: Noise in loudspeaker

Hi

My W510 is working quite well but something is disturbing: In left loudspeaker is an always hearable strange and disturbing noise. Anybody heared of this?

Thanks

Michael

Guru
PeterTWJ

Re: ThinkPad W510: Noise in loudspeaker

Try to update Conexant Sound Card Driver to the latest version 1st to see if the problem is been solved.

If not, try to disable any Audio Enhancements such as SmartAudio, Windows built-in Loudness Correction, etc. and see if the problem is solved.

If the problem persist after updating of driver and disabling of audio enhancement, contact Lenovo Support. I guess your W510 left speaker is faulty/damaged.

Best Regards 

Token Ring
don820

IF you search this forum you will find dozens of similar posts.  There has never been a definitive answer.  Some people are convinced it's the power supply, some people are convinced it's the RAM, some people are convinced it's the CPU/GPU.

Some people have the problem from day 1, some people have it appear after a couple of months, and some people say it goes away for them after time.

For me, the problem was really bad on my first system board.  The second system board had 0 noise, but the third one has some noise on occasion.  I notice the noise more when I'm running on a 90w power supply (usually because I've forgot my 135w supply and am on a loaner.

If I were you, I would complain bitterly to your support channel, and hope they take the time to address the issue -- but it appears as though they are as perplexed as the rest of us on the cause.

What's DOS?
ahovis

Yep, more of the same here. Noise is very disturbing and is present anytime any speaker system is plugged in. It is pure background and not amplified noise. Definitely some type of interference from the unit.  

Guru
PeterTWJ

For my W510, my left loudspeaker sometimes get louder and sometimes get softer. But the right loudspeaker is the 1 having hearable strange and disturbing noise.

Best Regards

Peter