Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
phyle

Touch Screen conflict when using Mobile Broadband - help!

[ Edited ]

I have a W510, with the Touch Screen option, for a over 6 months now without any issues.  In December, I installed a broadband chip inside the laptop (the device wasn't shipped originally with it) and I installed the required drivers from Lenovo's website.  But, when I connect using "Mobile Broadband" using Access Connections, the touch screen acts strangely.  Every 2 or 3 seconds, a random tap (finger click) occurs anywhere on the screen.  I can see the touch circle animating around the mouse cursor that just move around anywhere on the screen. This is very problematic since a window or field focus can change or any button be clicked...  I can't use safely the laptop but the broadband works!

I tried to uninstall and reinstall both modem and  touch drivers....  No change.  If I use the Mobile Broadband, I must disable the Touch input (in the Pen and Touch Control Panel).  I can reenable it without any problem when I disconnect from Broadband.  I can keep touch enabled if I'm using any other type of connections (none, wireless or wired) but not broadband.

Any idea how to troubleshoot that?

Drivers I installed :

Qualcomm Gobi 2000 Wireless WAN Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP - ThinkPad
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-72938

ThinkPad Enhanced Multitouch Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP - ThinkPad W510, X200 Tablet, X201 Tablet
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-74908.html

Fanfold Paper
stix

Re: Touch Screen conflict when using Mobile Broadband - help!

I have the same problem - sent mine to repair last week - I'll post when I get i back.
Punch Card
misk

Re: Touch Screen conflict when using Mobile Broadband - help!