Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
xen0blade

Transporting laptop with 9 cell battery?

Since I've never owned a laptop with an extended battery before, is it safe to transport it with the 9 cell sticking out the back like that?  Or should I take the battery out or something?

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

Re: Transporting laptop with 9 cell battery?

[ Edited ]

xen0blade, welcome to the forum,

my T43p with 9 cell battery has been transported in a bag with the battery attached for almost 5 years, date of first usage 04.2005. No problems to date :smileyhappy: and it's still on its original battery.

By the way, which ThinkPad do you have, or are considering purchasing?

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
xen0blade

Just got myself a refurbished W500 from the outley.  It was an interesting wait, but very worth it.   :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
oracledba01

I've never experienced any issue with my extended battery pack on either my T43p or W500.  Remember to do battery maintenance from time to time to ensure long battery life.  I have 2 battery packs for the W500 for when I travel...very worth the additional expense.