Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: Triple display on W520

bigdfaust wrote:  Can it do 3 EXTERNAL displays?

NO !!!!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bigdfaust

Thor - so what's the problem?  The NVIDIA 2000m can't handle it?

802.11n
ZipZap

Now you've done it

[ Edited ]

Now you've done it

You p.o.'d Thor!     :smileylol:

Yes, Faust, this issue has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere on this board, and on boards all accross the 'net. Lenovo hasn't and won't give us the straight scoop on this blunder. Sooooo.....

Why don't you get a DisplayLink based USB device? I have two of the older USB 2.0 ones, and the USB 3.0 ones are available now.

I keep one plugged into my mini-dock and drive a 1920x1200 just fine, including full screen video. My favorite device of the current crop is the update of one I have, the Toshiba Dynadock USB 3

That bad boy can drive 2 externals at WUXGA and above, and has all kind of other nifty ports. If you want just display capabilities, you have many less expensive choices. See   DisplayLink

BTW: I have played around with the Magic chipset based USB 3 adapters. I would avaoid them like the plague.

Best, ZZ

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bigdfaust

[ Edited ]

Sorry - just a question.  I seriously have read a lot of responses on this, but I never saw any of them address the specific question I posed.

Thanks - I'll have to check out the USB device you mention.

Moderator Note; subject edited to match original

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

bigdfaust wrote:

Thor - so what's the problem?  The NVIDIA 2000m can't handle it?

I'm not pissed off.  I just wanted to use a big bold font. :smileyhappy:

As for the question, I really don't know what the problem is.  Lenovo said, "It was a design decision"

The actual answer used to be on the Lenovo blogs but it got conveniently erased during the blog upgrade.

802.11n
ZipZap

Hi, Thor,

Lenovo has never deigned to disclose it to my knowledge. If anyone knows the technical reason I would be most interested in hearing it. Yes, I am pissed about it.

ZipZap

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

[ Edited ]

ZipZap wrote:

Hi, Thor,

Lenovo has never deigned to disclose it to my knowledge. If anyone knows the technical reason I would be most interested in hearing it. Yes, I am pissed about it.

ZipZap

It was confirmed and disclosed in the blog post at http://blog.lenovo.com/design/the-new-thinkpad-t-series-optimus directly by the folks that designed the product. That happened a few days after the original post which would make it about April 19, 2011.