Support in other languages: 
Maliha

W-series shipping thread - 2011 edition

Post your shipping and order management experiences here:

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

• Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
  • Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
  • Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
  • In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
  • Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
  • Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
  • Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
  • Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
  • Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

Have fun with your new ThinkPads!
------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Serial Port
confusedguy

Re: W-series shipping thread - 2011 edition

Ordered W510 on jan 9th.   ( i7-720, 8 gb ram, 160 SSD, and more.   Was suppose to ship 1/20/2011.   Now it says 2/1/2011 and when I called Lenovo, they said they put it up to priority status and they don't know when it will ship?   What gives?  Are they really having this much trouble sending out $2000 laptops.   I was surprised and disappointed.

What has others experienced here on ship dates?

Punch Card
jinto

[ Edited ]

My W510 order was initially put in Jan 17, and estimate to be shippinged on Feb 1st. Yesterday I found out my order was cancelled due to a internal error!!! So I talked to sales rep and put in my order again. Now estimated shipping date is Feb 3rd.

Order Specification: i7-720, 16 gb ram, FHD etc

anh
Paper Tape
anh

Ordered 1/11, estimated ship date 1/21.  Seemed a bit long but I decided that was ok.

Checked order status today since I hadn't received an email. estimated shipping date bumped to 2/11, not scheduled to ship for a full month after ordering!

Emailed support 30 minutes ago, waiting on response.  May cancel and order something that's "in stock" and just get memory/bigger drive/etc elsewhere.

anh
Paper Tape
anh

No response today via email or phone.  Just silence.  Think it gets canceled with a phone call tomorrow :/

anh
Paper Tape
anh

Just got off the phone to cancel that order, guy said it shipped and gave me a tracking # that's working.  What the hell.. order info page still says it's not shipping until next month.

Punch Card
jinto

Hi anh,
Did you get a shipping confirmation email? Also, where is your laptop now in UPS tracking
anh
Paper Tape
anh

jinto wrote:
Hi anh,
Did you get a shipping confirmation email? Also, where is your laptop now in UPS tracking

Yes, I got a tracking number that is working.  UPS' tracker is showing the order is awaiting pickup in Shanghai...  Guess it's going to be a while longer before it gets here.

Punch Card
jinto

Yes, I got a tracking number that is working.  UPS' tracker is showing the order is awaiting pickup in Shanghai...  Guess it's going to be a while longer before it gets here.

That's good. Keep us posted on the progress. I wonder if they just create an UPS order to keep your business?

anh
Paper Tape
anh

jinto wrote:

That's good. Keep us posted on the progress. I wonder if they just create an UPS order to keep your business?

Well they could have.  I guess we'll see by tomorrow or the day after if the package is picked up and moving through UPS or if it becomes invalid.  I'll certainly come back and let everyone know.