nni123

Re: W-series shipping thread - 2011 edition

[ Edited ]

Order on 03/03/2011 --> Projected date 03/16/2011

still waiting...

Paper Tape
nni123

still waiting with new shipping date of 3/21/2011.

I will wait this week otherwise fu** lenovo customer service who says one liner all the time "sorry for the inconvience"..

simply china factory is not capable of handling orders then open new one or do something with Indian customer service which has some kind of answer apart from robotic type answers...hate it...

last try other DELL is waiting for my business...

Paper Tape
gbm608

[ Edited ]

OK so here is my story.  I am a long time Dell user.  I really did not have any issues with Dell and now wish I would have just stuck with them.  Here is my complaint with Lenovo. 

I ordered my laptop (W510) on March 4th.  I ordered via the telephone and was assisted by a sales rep.  I was told the ship date would be March 16th which was unacceptable.  The rep told me to order through him because he can likely expedite shipping from me and track the laptop internally.  He did say no guarantees but he would do his best.  I went online late last week to check the status of my laptop.  Shipping has been pushed to the 21st.  In the meantime my current laptop died and I really need my computer.  I called my sales rep (Hunter) and he did not call me back.  I called him again yesteday and he did not call me back.  So far I am not very impressed with Lenovo.

Paper Tape
nni123

[ Edited ]

looks like we are in same boat. today they told me lot of demand for W510. 

I am also talking with DELL since my T400 died two months ago & working on backup (feels like stop working in IT on that machine) But DELL can't price match even after I sent them quote from Lenovo. 

The sale rep at DELL won't send another email after I sent lenovo quote..go figure..

gbm608 wrote:

OK so here is my story.  I am a long time Dell user.  I really did not have any issues with Dell and now wish I would have just stuck with them.  Here is my complaint with Lenovo. 

I ordered my laptop (W510) on March 4th.  I ordered via the telephone and was assisted by a sales rep.  I was told the ship date would be March 16th which was unacceptable.  The rep told me to order through him because he can likely expedite shipping from me and track the laptop internally.  He did say no guarantees but he would do his best.  I went online late last week to check the status of my laptop.  Shipping has been pushed to the 21st.  In the meantime my current laptop died and I really need my computer.  I called my sales rep (Hunter) and he did not call me back.  I called him again yesteday and he did not call me back.  So far I am not very impressed with Lenovo.

Paper Tape
nni123

[ Edited ]

**bleep** **bleep**...

order date: 03/03/11

now ship date move to 04/09/11.

Lenovo is one of worst company to mange orders/inventory/production chain. Do this chineese learn something how to handle large orders? they are going to loose one customer for sure and many others will can't wait forever even if W510 is good machine (many has problem with it anyways)

Modearor note; unnecessary quote removed

Paper Tape
ComputerNewb

I ordered on 3/13

Shipped from Shanghai, China to Alaska 3/19

Now its in Kentucky and going to ship to Georgia.

Projected Shipping date was 3/24

Paper Tape
gbm608

Wow.  Just logged in to check on status of my computer.  It is estimated to ship on 4/10.  I ordered this laptop on 3/4.  WARNING - do not buy from Lenovo.  I have not even got an email from these people.  Unbelievable.

nni123 wrote:

looks like we are in same boat. today they told me lot of demand for W510. 

I am also talking with DELL since my T400 died two months ago & working on backup (feels like stop working in IT on that machine) But DELL can't price match even after I sent them quote from Lenovo. 

The sale rep at DELL won't send another email after I sent lenovo quote..go figure..

gbm608 wrote:

Paper Tape
nni123

[ Edited ]

@gbm608 

did you order i7-820. looks like they were having graphics card out order message in red saying "if you select this option your delivery will be delayed by 1-2 weeks" but that was after 03/05/11.

My current laptop in bad shape and the deal I got on W510 is good so might wait little longer but I am going to give some earful tomorrow to customer service...take the heat

Fanfold Paper
xz6m1d

W-series shipping thread - 2011 edition

Order date 3/13/2011

after two delays est ship date 4/5/2011

order canceled date 3/25/2011