Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
jinto

Re: W-series shipping thread - 2011 edition

Finally, my laptop is shipped acording to lenovo online order status and call center rep. I was given a tracking number, which is not yet showing up in UPS tracking system yet.

Invoiced
Shipped on
27/01/11
UPS SCS (ASIA) LIMITED

anh
Paper Tape
anh

jinto wrote:

Finally, my laptop is shipped acording to lenovo online order status and call center rep. I was given a tracking number, which is not yet showing up in UPS tracking system yet.

Invoiced
Shipped on
27/01/11
UPS SCS (ASIA) LIMITED

Keep us informed.

Mine says it's in KY now, so it looks like *something* actually shipped like they said.  No ETA though, UPS removed that or it's broken today.

Broadband 3G
JDay

Does it say it's cleared customs yet? I don't think you'll get an estimated delivery date until that happens. Mines been sitting in Anchorage for the past 26 hours or so. I don't think it's even been sorted yet.
anh
Paper Tape
anh

JDay wrote:
Does it say it's cleared customs yet? I don't think you'll get an estimated delivery date until that happens. Mines been sitting in Anchorage for the past 26 hours or so. I don't think it's even been sorted yet.

Mine has, it came in through Alaska and then to Kentucky, where it sat without ETA for a day.  The ETA is showing up now for Monday, guess we'll see!

Paper Tape
cassy

[HELP] MONEY GET CHARGED BUT NOT ORDER CONFIRMING EMAIL

I was going to order a W510 today, but meet serious problem when check out.

In the last step, the system tell me that "The bank did not approve the charges for the credit card provided. Please verify the information provided was accurate, contact your bank or enter another form of payment". So I tried again an retype my card information. But, it was always wrong. 

What is more, after several minutes, I received the messages from my bank, I was charged FIVE TIMES for my NONEXISTENT order!!!!!!!! That is more than $7000!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The sale department of Lenovo is closed today. So what can I do now? Just wait for Monday?

Is there someone ever meet the same problem?

Broadband 3G
JDay

anh wrote:

JDay wrote:

Mine has, it came in through Alaska and then to Kentucky, where it sat without ETA for a day.  The ETA is showing up now for Monday, guess we'll see!

I hope my status changes to that today, it's in Louisville, KY now too. Hoping it gets here before school Monday night, otherwise I won't be home to sign for it until the end of the week.

Broadband 3G
JDay

Re: [HELP] MONEY GET CHARGED BUT NOT ORDER CONFIRMING EMAIL

cassy wrote:

I was going to order a W510 today, but meet serious problem when check out.

In the last step, the system tell me that "The bank did not approve the charges for the credit card provided. Please verify the information provided was accurate, contact your bank or enter another form of payment". So I tried again an retype my card information. But, it was always wrong. 

What is more, after several minutes, I received the messages from my bank, I was charged FIVE TIMES for my NONEXISTENT order!!!!!!!! That is more than $7000!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The sale department of Lenovo is closed today. So what can I do now? Just wait for Monday?

Is there someone ever meet the same problem?

Login to your online banking account and open a dispute on those transactions, your bank should reverse those charges pretty quick. 

Paper Tape
bobmz

im curious how long people here have had to wait for their laptops.  i ordered mine custom (W510) on 12 january 2011 at which time they said it would ship 24 january 2011.  on the 23rd, i logged into my account and the date changed to 31 january 2011.  i contacted customer support and they said they were "on hold for parts".  i figured i could be patient so i waited until today (30 jan 2011).  logging into the account now it says 18 february 2011.

im thinking this is getting sort of ridiculous.  this last update to the date is borderline unacceptable, how long can it possibly take to build a single laptop?  if the problem is a supply chain problem, how much faith can i have in a technology company that doesnt even have the technology right to build their own products?

i have used ibm and lenovo laptops my whole career but have never experienced this level of incompetence when ordering a new laptop.  maybe because i ordered this for personal use instea of through my company, they dont care?

i was wondering if any others have experienced the same issue when ordering custom builds for personal use.  my patience is reaching the end and im about to cancel this order altogether.  any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Paper Tape
bobmz

these problems are no longer an issue, i will be canceling the order tomorrow. hope others do not encounter the same delays.
Broadband 3G
JDay

[ Edited ]

I ordered my T510 last Monday, fully loaded except for the SSD. Estimated ship date was 2/10/2011. It shipped on 1/28/2011, 4 days from when I placed my order. It's already gone from China to Alaska to Kentucky since then. I'm hoping it'll be at my door in the next 24 hours.