Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jamiecampbell

Re: W-series shipping thread-2012 edition

Ok, understood, but 

"Lenovo has formal, company-to-consumer, support, also. just as all of the other big companies do."

Have you tried to talk to them lately?  Unless you know how to swear in Hindi, you'll not get much satisfaction going down that route.  Try it youreself!

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but I get the feeling that this forum is by and for fanboys, and that any gripe whatsoever about the appalling black hole that is Lenovo customer service, is likely to fall on deaf ears.  You needn't prove me right, this is my last reply here.

Paper Tape
jamiecampbell

Okay, I said that it was my last reply, but this really ticks me off.

"Your disappointment is warranted, but if you read these forums in advance the surprise shouldn't be."

The notion that I should have to read what non-employees say about shipping issues instead of having a company provide honest, accurate information is shameful.
sarbin

jamiecampbell wrote:

Ok, understood, but 

"Lenovo has formal, company-to-consumer, support, also. just as all of the other big companies do."

Have you tried to talk to them lately?  Unless you know how to swear in Hindi, you'll not get much satisfaction going down that route.  Try it youreself!

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but I get the feeling that this forum is by and for fanboys, and that any gripe whatsoever about the appalling black hole that is Lenovo customer service, is likely to fall on deaf ears.  You needn't prove me right, this is my last reply here.

this will be my last post in this thread, also, as we are sidetracking this thread's focus.

this community is not "by and for fanboys" in the least. if you take the time to dig in and read, you'll see that most of the threads are just members asking/pleading for, and receiving, good advice and solutions to their issues. these solutions are provided by members, mods, mvps, gurus and by Lenovo staff alike. there is very little, if any, "Lenovo is best" going on here. at the risk of being moderated myself, i won't mention other forums that are truly "fanboy" venues, and in my mind, useless.

peace.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it as the Solution.
Community Resources: Participation RulesSearchPrivate MessagingEspañolDeutsche
X301 X220 X200T T61p T60pT420 T510 T400 R400 T61Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee.
Token Ring
SSDee

[ Edited ]

@Jamie

I agree with a lot of what you have to say. This forum is Lenovo's way of not having to pay a  technical support staff. I'm sure you have already surmised that.

Fanfold Paper
falgh1

I ordered my w530 9-11-2012

the shipping date has been changed 2 times from 14th, 16th to 19th.

They are 13 days from the order date to the delivery. It's not good  but it 's not too bad...

the shortarage of intel chipsets was the resons behind the delays.

Location Date Local Time Activity

Orange, CT, United States09/24/20127:11 A.M.Out For Delivery
 09/24/20126:30 A.M.Arrival Scan
Windsor Locks, CT, United States09/24/20125:19 A.M.Departure Scan
Windsor Locks, CT, United States09/23/201210:18 P.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States09/22/20125:30 A.M.Departure Scan
 09/22/20122:48 A.M.Import Scan
 09/22/20121:41 A.M.Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States09/21/20124:03 P.M.Departure Scan
 09/21/20122:03 P.M.Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China09/21/20129:53 P.M.Departure Scan
Shanghai, China09/19/20129:31 P.M.Export Scan
 09/19/20129:31 P.M.Origin Scan
China09/19/20121:10 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Fanfold Paper
Adin

[ Edited ]
Paper Tape
tmorehead

I posted this in another thread but it is dead. Copy and paste. Its pointless to post it anywhere on here but I thought I'd share my Lenovo love story.

After speaking to 3 represenatives and a bunch of technical crap with the lenovo phone lines about trying to buy a w530 (for engineering) without using a credit card,  I finally got one rep willing to go through the hassle of setting up a wire transfer. I'm sure a commission was somewhat of an incentive. After the money was sent and was finally accepted (not sure of the time frame but too long nonetheless) I tried numerous times to get ANY status on my order. Online you have to sneak your way around because simply logging in and trying to view order details didn't work. (for those with the same problem you have to go to the bottom of the page and click ORDER STATUS and its self explanatory from there) So at about 10 days after placing this order it was STILL processing. I called lenovo and they sent me from person to person and gave me a bunch of possible reasons why my order wasn't processed. From no credit card info (DUH I PAID BY WIRE TRANSFER.) to payment verification denied to "I'm not sure whats wrong with your order mr. morehead please give me 2 business days and I will email you." Its been 10 days since then and i still have no email from him. Reading between the lines... THEY HAD NO CLUE WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY ORDER.  And finally today almost 20 days after my order was placed my shipping label was PRINTED. It was NOT sent out yet but only printed. In conclusion lenovo is UNprofessional, NOT promt, and extremely disorganized. Disorganized from the point of sales all the way down the line to manufacturing.  I would have had an alienware in less than a week. I know from experience. I paid by wire transfer with them, for my previous computer, and had the computer in my lap IN FOUR DAYS. I chose lenovo because upgrades are much cheaper (for engineering high processors and other upgrades are a must) and research shows their computers are favored over dell by most engineers. I will go to MAC for my next computer before i come back for another one from Lenovo.

I guess I should ADD that after a while my sales rep DID finally email me with an order status. The email read;

"good Afternoon Thomas,

Your wire transfer has processed and your order is good to go."

What the heck does that do for me? Of course your'e going to take my money. Most people wouldn't wait so long to take almost 3000 dollars but fine. I WANT TO KNOW WHERE MY G-D COMPUTER IS not that you have FINALLY processed my payment after a week and a half.

Update. They finally shipped my computer. Why from China which is ACROSS THE PLANET when (according to the website) they have several manufacturing plants right here in the U.S... I have no clue.

Paper Tape
tmorehead

I still have no computer. heres been the shipping. The last 3 steps (KY,OH,PA) are retarded. They have more than quadroupled the time it takes to get from Kentucky to my local ups warehouse by dancing all around the state i live in. Hell why not though! They are dancing around the entire world with my 3000 dollars.

New Stanton, PA, United States10/20/20123:41 A.M.Departure Scan
 10/20/201212:49 A.M.Arrival Scan
Columbus, OH, United States10/19/20128:50 P.M.Departure Scan
 10/19/20127:58 P.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States10/19/20123:19 P.M.Departure Scan
 10/19/20121:10 P.M.Import Scan
 10/19/20128:53 A.M.Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States10/18/201210:56 P.M.Departure Scan
 10/18/201212:23 P.M.Arrival Scan
Osaka, Japan10/18/201210:16 P.M.Departure Scan
 10/18/20127:31 P.M.Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China10/18/20125:18 P.M.Departure Scan
Shanghai, China10/17/201210:18 P.M.Export Scan
 10/17/201210:18 P.M.Origin Scan
China10/16/20126:36 A.M.

Order Processed: Ready for UPS

802.11n
johnv474

[ Edited ]

Why do you think your computer is being transported that way?

Much of the frustration I read here comes from people tracking their package very closely... as did I.  I can relate.

In  a sense, I might have preferred being told a shipping date that was eight weeks away, and then have them trim back from there.

I believe my machine took something like 3 weeks to arrive.  The wait was agonizing--in part because at a few stages the information was unclear, so I wondered if something was the matter.  There was one delay due to a part being on backorder (this was Aug-Sept 2012).

FWIW, now that I have it in my hands and have been using it daily for the last month or so, I would have waited six months for it as compared to any computer I have owned.  I spent 2.5 hours in the laundromat using wi-fi, then 2 hours on it at home, then checked the (9 cell) battery and I still had FIVE hours of battery life left.  I've been using it for seven hours today--web browsing, multimedia--and am down to 1 hour 7 minutes left.  Using integrated graphics, I might add.

Could.  Not.  Be.  Happier.

Paper Tape
gjettam

Is anyone else having problems accessing their order status?  When I click "View Order Details", it times out.  I mentioned it to a rep via chat and they said they were aware of the problem (six days ago).  How does a technology company have a customer facing website down for +6 days?  I can't even check on the status of my order that was suppose to ship yesterday (10/22).