Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
k-zu

W500, PROBLEMS WITH PRODUCT RECOVERY MEDIA

[ Edited ]

My W500 (4062-2XG) is about 3 years old and for various reasons I decided that I want to restore OS (Windows Vista Ultimate) to its factory settings. I've used Think Vantage "Create Product Recovery Media" to burn 3 DVDs (All 3 recorded with no errors). Then I restarted computer with  ''Start recovery disk'' in optical drive but something is not working as it should - after few moments of loading Windows I get the following blue screen:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x0010037c)
The system has been shut down
My W500 is long after its warranty.
My question is: how to create another set of recovery DVDs or how to fix the problem so I can reinstall Windows (Vista Ultimate) 

many thanks in advance for reply

regards

k-zu

I just checked - it is still on warranty until 30.08.2011,

Warranty information

Product ID:Type-Model:Serial number:
40622XG4062-2XG 

In Base Warranty2011-08-30Poland

Warranty service upgrades & maintenance servicesWarranty service upgrades and maintenance services

Description:
This product has a three year limited warranty and is entitled to mail-in or carry-in repair service.

who can help me to find contact  where I can order PRODUCT RECOVERY MEDIA? As I think thers is No Thinkpad service in Poland

Re: W500, PROBLEMS WITH PRODUCT RECOVERY MEDIA

hey k-zu

you can only create one recovery media. for this i recommend calling our Poland support via +48 22 760-73-00 (8AM - 5PM
Monday - Friday)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: W500, PROBLEMS WITH PRODUCT RECOVERY MEDIA

For clarity please; is the system crashing when booting from the start disc or after all the recovery discs have run?

If it's crashing when the start disc is being used could you try the following;  create an iso of the disc and then burn the iso image to an cd instead of dvd and try again.

I know it sounds crazy, but this has helped on occasions.

Another factor as to why the recovery can't run maybe due to a hardware defekt or something being present which shouldn't be there. Make sure you have no periferals attached or ssd / memory cards / usb sticks inserted inserted in the system.

You can also check for hardware errors using the bootable cd of PC Doctor.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog