Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
arupert

W500 cannot see any Bluetooth devices in Win 7, but Bluetooth mouse works

I have a W500 with Win 7 32 bit, 4058-CTO.  I use a Lenovo Bluetooth mouse that works good.  But I cannot see or connect with any other Bluetooth devices.

This laptop first came with Vista and I could connect to our cell phones via Bluetooth for data transfer.   I upgraded to Windows 7 and had not tried to connect to a cell phone until recently.

I have tried many things - updating drivers, etc.   I have "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" checked.  There are no errors.   When I click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray and select "Show Bluetooth Devices", I can never see anything.

On my cell phone, when I try to pair it with the computer, it sees the computer, and asks for a passkey, but then times out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Blue Screen Again
arupert

Re: W500 cannot see any Bluetooth devices in Win 7, but Bluetooth mouse works

After trying many things in Windows 7, I decided to install Virtual XP Mode.  I had to enable the hardware virtualization in the BIOS to get XP Mode to work.

After that, I was able to install the W500 Bluetooth drivers for XP in the Virtual XP machine.  The Bluetooth works perfectly with my cell phone.  So it seems that my hardware is OK.  I will keep trying to get Bluetooth to work in Windows 7 - maybe do a clean install in the future.  For now, XP Mode does the trick.