Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
orev
Accepted Solution

W510 Audio out on displayport not working

I'm trying to connect my W510 to an external TV via displayport out through an HDMI adapter.  Video works fine but I can't get the audio working.  I'm running the latest nVidia drivers from nVidia, and also have tried the latest nVidia driver release on Lenovo's web site.  The TV does not show up in the Playback devices control panel, showing both disabled and disconnected devices.

I've tested the adapter and cable using a Dell with displayport out, and that works just fine with both video and audio.

BIOS: 1.27

Windows 7 64-bit, all updates

Video BIOS: 70.16.5f.00.0b

Video driver: 8.17.12.6089 (260.89)

nVidia HD Audio Driver: 1.1.9.0, 9-7-2010

Punch Card
stasik

Re: W510 Audio out on displayport not working

Hi.

it is easy.

click right mouse button to volume control in right down corner. then click second from top - output devices (may be not correct translate, i have russian windows). you see conexant and NVIDEA. you need to click NVIDEA and after choice "by default" and "OK".

please connect your TV  _before_ you do this.

Stas

Ctrl-Alt-Del
orev

Thank you for your input but I think I've made it pretty clear in my post that the TV does not show up at all in the playback devices control panel, even when showing disabled and disconnected devices. Since I was able to get it working with the Dell, it shows I know where to look for the simple things. Thanks.
Punch Card
stasik

ok. sorry :smileyhappy:

do you see "NVIDIA high definition audio" in control panel->devices manager->audio, video, playing devices?

Stas

Ctrl-Alt-Del
orev

Yes, I do have those devices in there (4 of them), so it seems that the driver is installed and it sees the devices.
Punch Card
dimm0k

I have been meaning to ask this very question myself, but have not had the time...  Audio works perfectly with the drivers that came with the computer, whatever that version is.  After updating to nVidia's own drivers AND also the latest one Lenovo released, audio ceases to work afterward.  I did not have time then to mess around and figure out if there was something I missed that had to be enabled, but I do not believe there was.  After removing these drivers and going back to what came with the system, audio works fine again.  To note, I uninstalled the nVidia's own before trying the new Lenovo ones...

Ctrl-Alt-Del
orev

Thanks for the tip. This definitely did it for me (luckily I still had my SWTOOLS folder laying around. Anyone know where to download older driver versions from Lenovo?). But these video drivers don't allow you to adjust the digital vibrancy, so now I'm back to neon colors.

The working version of the HD Audio driver is 1.0.9.1.
What's DOS?
ciccyme

hi i finally find the dirver .

here is the download address in a chinese website

http://drivers.mydrivers.com/search-1602-466/h52079-0-0-1-0-1.htm

What's DOS?
ciccyme

when i use 1.0.9.1driver

i find my video output get wrong  after i conneted DP-HDMI,

my tv's resolution does not 1920 1080, but more than the range, this how to solve the problem?