Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
luigifor

Re: W510 cannot wake up from sleep

Same problem with a brand new W500.

My opinion is something wrong with graphic drivers.

Please Lenovo help us!

L.

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi All,

Regarding this issue, an article has been released in order to address this issue.

Please refer to our Knowledge Base Article.

Hi luigifor,

Welcome To Lenovo Forums.

Regarding your issue, kindly create a new thread as this thread is currently for W510.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Retired Employee
JameZ

New thread created as issue is different from initial problem.

nev
Blue Screen Again
nev

The "KB solution" essentially says "update BIOS to 1.27 and if it does not work, check your memory configuration".

My laptop (4389-AP5) came with factory installed memory and OS (Win XP).I kept updating all the drivers including BIOS (1.34/1.35 by now I believe), and it still regularly fails to wake up from sleep (Blinking Lights Syndrome as it's now dubbed).

I find it hard to believe that my case is unique and has not been fixed because of some very particular issues of my machine.

So I would kindly suggest removing the "Solved" state from this thread, as the problem does not seem to be solved.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@nev,

Welcome to Lenovo forums.

The KB says BIOS 1.27 or BIOS 1.32 (depending on machine) or later. Since updating your drivers did not solve the issue, have you tried removing the RAMs and reseating them as recommended? see tip

Contact service if the symptoms remain after confirming BIOS and power management are at the latest level, and that memory is of the correct type and properly installed.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
Thimee

I have the same problem with my W510, and I can repeatedly cause the problem on my machine. If I use a single display (just the laptop LCD) then sleep works fine. However if I use multiple displays (such as connecting a projector) and use the "duplicate display" option, then my machine will not sleep - it hangs requiring me to hold the power button for 4 seconds and do a hard/cold boot.

Here is what I have done thus far to attempt to solve the problem:

1) I updated all my drivers (including Power Management, BIOS to 1.34 etc) using the Thinvantage Update

2) I am up to date with all Microsoft service packs (including Windows 7 SP1 for x64 just released)

3) My memory is fine, I checked it using Memtest86 as well as the Lenovo Memory Test in the Thinkvantage toolbox

4) I updated my graphics drivers to the latest from the Nvidia web site (266.58_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql.exe)

5) I removed my second hard drive by removing the ultrabay from the machine

6) I disabled the wireless network card using the switch on the side of the machine

7) I tried sleep with both AC Power connected and then just battery with no connections

None of these steps have resolved my issues. My machine type is 4389-2SU if you want the full hardware specs.

Fanfold Paper
funkydiscofreak

Same issue 

4389-2SU model with 16 GB RAM.

I can go to sleep but cannot wake up with key or mouse but only through Power key.

I have Windows 2008 R2 x64 SP1 installed!

Any help?

Fanfold Paper
funkydiscofreak

Re: W510 Sleep issue

How much RAM do you have?

Haw many naks / full banks?

THX