Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
xtsubarublazin

Re: W510 Windows 7 (64) automatically Logs off

I thought this thread was something that could easily be fixed but now I've found myself in the same position. 

Where is the setting so I can check if Windows is doing it itself?

Serial Port
GFABIANO

In response to JameZ, it sems to me to be impractical to go out and buy a Win 7 OS and do a reinstall from that if that's what you mean.  

I am still seaching for ideas for settings, maybe by some kind of run command.  It may be a conflict with another software program, too, but that would only be limited to Lenovo's included software since I have install few other programs since recent last clean reinstall. 

Retired Employee
JameZ

@GFABIANO,

If you don't have a Win 7 retail available, you maybe could try uninstalling all Lenovo preloaded software and see if the issue is acting up.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 125

Guys, this issue is related to a power plan. It's very simple to configurate.

I have a spanish WIndows version installed, so I will try to explain how to change it. I will translate my options, so they can be similar (not acurrate) to english distribution.

1. Click with secondary button over desktop, select Properties.
  2. Click Screensaver.
  3. Click on Change power maganement plan.
  4. Click on Change configuration of this plan (I have selected Energy Star).
  5. Click on Change advanced configuration of this plan.
  6. Click on Change the configuration that isn't currently available.
  7. Open Request a password when reactivates.
  8. Change both options from Yes to No.

Problem solved :smileyvery-happy:

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Serial Port
GFABIANO

Those settings were already set to no, and all of the other manual settings have been chcecked and explored has a solution to the problem.  I believe that the problem is in the form of an error of some kind.  I have recently uninstalled Lenovo power manager and tool box and the problem still persists.  I will  reinstall the original OS one more time to see if that works,  otherwise the computer may have to go in. 

I will add that there is another power management problem:  Though it is common knowledge that the W510 will not boot with USB devices plugged in, my W510 crashes coming out of standby or hibernate with USB devices plugged in, even though the "always on" USB outlet, requiring a restart.  Is anybody else experiencing that condition?