Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
chenko
Accepted Solution

W510 built-in mic not recognized - win 7

Hi! I have a W510 lenovo 43192NU which now has a non working internal mic. The mic was working fine until one day it stopped being recognized by the device manager (probably after some unnoticed update ).

So I updated the driver to the latest Coexant 20585 SmartAudio HD version 4.95.43.52. and nothing. I've checked the BIOS and the mic is listed as enabled but when loggin in windows does not recognize the device. Speakers work ok. I've unistalled the driver, and tried older driver versions, let windows look for generic drivers, and nothing, still not being recognized. I really do not know what else to try, i've seen similar posts but no one seems to be able to provide any solutions.

Hopefully someone can give me a hand on what else to look at or point me to update or specific old driver that might work. It's really frustrating to believe & trust that updating drivers might upgrade the user experience only to find out most updates mess up things, + it's incredible that there is no old drivers listing to access to! 

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help! :smileyhappy:

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: W510 built-in mic not recognized - win 7

hey chenko,

welcome to the forums.

could you try this audio driver ? http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS004222

this is version 4.95.48.50 and i believe that this will solve your issue.

at the same, do check the bios version of your system and if it is lower than 1.40, do update it : http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013597

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
TlogSteve

These two fixes worked for me. Thanks!
What's DOS?
chenko

Hey....took me a while to get back to this response....Thanks for replying! ....i was not able to make it work with those 2 fixes.....how did you came about installing it?? I first installed the bios....rebooted...and installed the audio drivers....but still nothing...Laptop wont recognized the recording device!!.....what should i do? where should i check? am i mising something??

thanks again!

What's DOS?
chenko

Nevermind....i checked back in the Bios and it was disabled.......mic is now working!!!! Thank you so much!! this was killing me

Punch Card
denial

i had also problem with built-in microphones on my W520 - no sound was recorded, but the playback and speakers were OK.

i tried some actions, but only system board replacement solved my issue.