Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
devem
Accepted Solution

W510 high pitched whistle noise problem

I must tell that I am very dissapointed of the laptop.

The hard died 2 weeks after I bought it (about month ago)

Still from the beginning I have had that problem with the noise …

W510 makes the high pitched whistle noises,  when running on battery power. Very anoying. When the laptop is connected to AC adapter, everythng is ok, the noise is gone.

I'm only wondering, that even notebooks in this price class are not as good as I expected. I think, for 2000 € you can expect a notebook without this noise.

Do you know how to solve this?

Punch Card
Eluciano

Re: W510 high pitched whistle noise problem

try disabling cpu deeper sleep in the power manager.

Guru
PeterTWJ

[ Edited ]

The problem is with the CPU itself. From what I was told by the Lenovo Service Center Singapore, the high pitched is caused by power management, voltage regulator, the Intel Core i processor was designed to be like this.

Although they are documentations being made too by Dell regarding Intel Core i processor high pitched issue, I myself also was disappointed because I have used the machines for 2 months then this problem came out.

The only workaround method is to disable Power Management from BIOS, which disable the cause of high pitched issue, but hurts battery life. You either live or die with it.

Best Regards

Peter

Moderator edit by bananaman: Removed section not in compliance with the Community Rules.

Blue Screen Again
devem

Thank you both. Well, suppose i have to live with it.