Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Anton8

W510 shuts down whilst sleeping

I have a brand new W510 (2 weeks old).  Ever since using it I have found that intermittently when I close the lid (and put the computer into sleep mode), when I open the lid, it restarts the machine and all opened files are closed.  

The last time it did this the laptop would not restart with 'unidentified operating system' errors etc.  When I did a hard reboot, all was fine.

I'm worried this is going to continue and cause damage to the machine.

Any help much appreciated.

Token Ring
xtsubarublazin

Re: W510 shuts down whilst sleeping

Does it happen immediatley after closing the lid? Or does it crash right as you open the lid? In other words, is it sleeping peacefully until this happens or does it happen right after it tries to go to sleep?

Blue Screen Again
Anton8

I can't be certain, but it generally happens when I close the lid overnight and then come back to it the next day. If I close the lid during the day and return within a few hours, I don't think it has restarted. I will monitor it more closely. It is always on power for your information. thanks!
Token Ring
xtsubarublazin

Yeah, pay close attention. My W510 would crash immediately after I shut the lid, resulting in it restarting, so when I opened the lid I saw windows hadn't shut down correctly. Turns out, my wireless mouse was waking the computer up immediatley after it went to sleep, making it crash. Solved the issue by not letting the mouse turn the computer on. 

Blue Screen Again
Anton8

Thanks. I have printers connected, so perhaps I'll check this.