09-18-2012 09:26 PM
I updated a number of drivers several days ago followed by upgrading the BIOS 1.38. All seems fine except for Bluetooth sync with my Blackberry. It will not sync using Bluetooth now and it worked perfect before these updates. The BB software can see the phone and will sync via cable. The phone connects to the laptop but will not connect to the Blackberry software any more. Based on research it appears the BB software will only sync to computers with the previous Bluetooth drivers (Microsoft I think).
It will not let me roll back to the previous Bluetooth driver which I suspect is because some other updates were packaged with that driver change. When I updated there were some Thinkvantage, Intel, and various others, not to mention the BIOS change.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-28-2012 11:16 PM
Thanks for the post.
As per your concern Bluetooth is not able to function properly after what you have installed. So in order to make it properly workable you need first to un-install the Bluetooth and BlackBerry software, and then re-install the Bluetooth software from the below web link.
Afterwards install BlackBerry software and check whether it has been synchronized or not.
09-29-2012 12:33 PM
Thanks Sameer. I tried this and the Lenovo drivers I found would not connect with the BB/RIM software. But I finally fixed the problem. One consistent message I saw while researching this issue is that THE ONLY SOLUTION anyone used successfully was finding and re-installing the older drivers. I did that and resolved the problem immediately. There is more information below that may help others with this issue.
During this process the phone and computer were connected but it would not connect with the BB software. BB Desktop Manager told me it could see the Bluetooth phone but my computer was not configured to allow the BB software to connect, That was a sign that it was probably a driver issue since part of the connection process was working.
I was using Blackberry Desktop Manager (18.104.22.168). In Lenovo Solution Center on my computer I could see the install date of the new Wireless/Bluetooth drivers that seemed to cause problems. I thankfully had set my System Restore capacity up from 5% to 10% which doubled the capacity for Restore Points. Turned out the oldest Restore Point was 4 hours prior to the time Lenovo updated most of the drivers. I was able to roll back to that point but there were some drivers that I could not recover this way.
After finding the original Bluetooth driver that came installed on my machine (Broadcom driver 22.214.171.1245 dated 7/20/2011), I went to Device Manager, Bluetooth Radios, ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 and deleted the new drivers (dated March or April 2012 I think) and installed the older Broadcom driver. NOTE - I installed the old driver manually using the Install button and chose the specific Broadcom driver I needed - if you do it automatically it tries to install a different driver. I then went through the BT discovery process and everything connected perfectly.
BTW, I created several system images and backed everything up several times during the process just in case of mistake. Took more time but better than the alternative.
Thanks for the help!