Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
GRM7
Accepted Solution

W520 - Curios case - Nvidia Ctrl. Panel shows 800x600 res. only

Greetings and thanks for reading,

I am curios to know if anyone has experienced the following issue with Nvidia Control Panel showing only an 800 x 600 resolution alternative?

My laptop is currently set in 1900x1080 via the Windows control panel > Hardware and Sound > Display > Adjust resolution that offers me the whole range of resolutions.

I do remember seeing the whole list of resolutions under the Nvidia Control Panel as well, but now for some reason it is no longer available.

Any comments on the subject are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

PS: This is a screen cap of the Control Panel:

Nvidia Ctrl Panel only 800x600.JPG

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: W520 - Curios case - Nvidia Ctrl. Panel shows 800x600 res. only

What happens when you click the restore defaults link in the top right portion of your screenshot?

What happens when you re-install http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014142 ?

Paper Tape
GRM7

Good day

Thank you for your reply.

The restore defaults link on the top right does not work, upon clicking there is no action performed by the software.

In regards to the Nvidia drivers, I've updated them to the latest Quadro 1000M from the Nvidia site upon receiving my laptop a few days ago and I remember clearly seeing the list of alternative resolutions there.

The only thing I remember doing and having an issue with it was connecting to a 42 SONY LED TV, the resolution was not the same as my laptop screen so I changed for a lower resolution 1680 x 1050, after disconnecting, I wanted to return to 1900 x 1080 and found only the option of 800 x 600.

Another curios message at the bottom of the panel reads:

warning message.JPG

When I click on the link, it brings me to this section where I am cluless as to what needs to be done:

Link.JPG

Thank you again for reading and discussing about this curios case

Regards

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

I'd recommend uninstalling the video drivers you installed until you are back at the Windows default VGA driver.  Then I would install the Lenovo drivers I linked to since they are designed for the W520 and Optimus.

Paper Tape
GRM7

Good day

I will try it and let you know the results.

Regards

Paper Tape
GRM7

Good night

Uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and reverting to the older drivers fixed the "bug"(?)

I can now see all the alternatiive resolutions on the Nvidia Control Panel.

Thank you for your comments and help.

Best regards

802.11n
christopherlang

Reading what you wrote about the Sony it could have just been an issue with hot plugging that caused you to lose your resolutions. Did you try connecting/disconnecting both the sony and the laptop display (by closing the lid and having the external display connected) a few times to see if the laptop resolutions came back? Also sometimes it is good to have a reboot after installing new drivers when using an external display. What version of Nvidia's drivers did were you trying?