Support in other languages: 
eos
Token Ring
eos

W520 Docking station not working with exterma DP monitors

It used to work.  Recently, however, if I reboot the thinkpad in the doc, I lose the two DP external monitors.

I.e. the machine boots on internal display, and if I go to windows "screen resolution" I can see the names of the two external monitors greyed out with the wrong resolution.

If I do a WINDOWS-P, then extend to the second one, then make the third the "main display", then disable the internal panel, Im back to where I should be.  If I sleep and wakeup, it keeps the arrangement.  If I dock the notebook while running, it automatically jumps to the correct arrangeement (i.e. internal panel off, two external displays extended).

Its only if I boot when in in the doc it fails, and I ahve to wait for 5 minutes fo tthe machine to boot, then faf about for another minute to get the displays working.  I have never had this problem with Dell laptops in docking stations with external displays.

I dont expect a solution - and I accept im probably the only person who gets this error.

The machine cant reboot (I can only shutdown and cold boot) since I enabled password protection for the HD in the bios, so I cant test that.

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: W520 Docking station not working with exterma DP monitors

With Optimus enabled, the W520 and other Optimus machines lose their brains on a restart.  This is present in the T420 and the T420S, too.

I have just gotten used to doing shutdowns.