Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
rc87

Re: W520 FHD LED TFT 95% Gamut Display and Color Sensor with Pantone Calibration - Review

could you share your settings or your colour profile?

I'm having big issues with saturation and I don't have a calibrator to use soon!

thanks

________________________________________________________________________________
W520 on win8.1/linux | X220 | and some older stuff 760 onwards :smileyhappy:
Punch Card

Re: W520 FHD LED TFT 95% Gamut Display and Color Sensor with Pantone Calibration - Review

I would like to send you my profile, but I only found an option to post pictures on this forum. On the other hand, I didn't use any third-party software. With that said, you should be able to replicate the same outcome on your computer playing with the settings of 'Windows 7 Color Management' and 'Nvidia Control Panel'.

Actually, the second part of the solution was me getting used to the more intense colors of my new display. By now I like them and at the same time I always take into consideration that they might display differently to others. Furthermore, I read up on the topic which I wasn't really interested in before, and understood that those saturated colors somehow are part of the wide-gamut/LED deal.

Hope that helps.

Serial Port
rc87

ok you've got a private message.
________________________________________________________________________________
Serial Port
rc87

just to remember everyone, if you get inconsistence of colors between nvidia and intel mode, go to msconfig (start menu - type msconfig - press enter), go into "startup" tab, sort by make and scroll down until "Intel Corporation".

Disable the three rows:

- Intel Common User Interface

- Intel PIconStartup

- Intel Common User Interface

reboot.

they you can load your color profile through windows color profile manager and it will be the same between nvidia/intel or after suspend.

What's DOS?
Thomas_UCD

I had the same issue with the laptop that was shipped. Frustrating. Here is what I did to fix it (this may be the same solution that Punch Card used).  The below is essentially copied from the Lenovo manual, page 199  (Start -> All Programs -> Lenovo Device Experience -> User Guide). Before looking for the device on my computer, I first checked on line for updates. The installed driver was from 2010, the update installed an early 2011 version:

For Windows 7
1. Right-click on the desktop, and click Personalize.
2. Click Display at the left.
3. Click Change display settings.
4. Click Advanced Settings.
5. Click the Monitor tab.
6. Click Properties.
7. Click the Driver tab.
8. Click Update Driver.
FIRST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DRIVERS ARE UPDATED:
8a. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
8b. When done, click Close
8c. Go back to Step 8:
8. Click Update Driver.
9. Select Browse my computer for driver software, and then click Let me pick from a list of device
drivers on my computer.
10. Click Have Disk.
11. Specify path “C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\MONITOR” to this monitor INF then click Open.
12. Click OK.
13. Confirm the correct display type, then click Next.
14. Windows has finished installing. Click Close.
15. Click Close for Display Properties.
16. Click OK in the Monitor tab.
17. Click OK and close the Display Settings window.

8. Click Update Driver.
8. Click Update Driver.
Punch Card

rc87 and Thomas_UCD, thank you both for your additional input!

After I had newly installed my OS, I was quite happy with the results. So, at this point I don't want to touch my running system.

But if things worsen, I'll definitely remember your solutions and give them a try! Thanks again!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
filipposc83

Have the same problem! the lenovo repairs centre does not have a clue what i am telling them, they are useless in my eyes

Token Ring
Chatbox

The Pantone software, IMO, is really bad, it was giving me a slight yellow-ish over cast.

I then moved on to use dispcalGUI + ArgyllCMS (with some tinkering so the laptop won't go into suspend/sleep when I shut the lid to start the calibration).  This gives a better result with a better white point.

Yesterday, I went on to buying the Datacolor Sypder 4 (Express) (and keep on using ArgyllCMS).  The result of this seems to give me an all around better profile, but only by a small margin.

All in all, I concluded that the Pantone software is a problem.  The x-rite hardware does a decent job, except that it has a fixed sample location, and bounded to the laptop.

Any potential new buyer should look into buying an external sensor (e.g. the Sypder 4 Pro, as it also has an ambiant light sensor).  Don't spend the money on the built-in sensor as its usage is rather limited (e.g. you can't use it on another computer, or another display that's even connected to the same laptop when/if you have a multi-display configuration at the desk).

Serial Port
webo

Can you post your corrected color profile?

Thinkpad W530: i7-3720QM, K1000M, FHD Screen, 16 GB PC12800, 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Token Ring
Chatbox

I don't use the same panel as the Lenovo FHD.

Plus, colour profile should be for one specific panel only, not the model of panel...if you take colour seriously.