Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
gerson2k

W520 Type 4282-B86 no Bluetooth support?

Hi,

The organisation I work for have procured a batch of W520 4282-B86 with Windows 7 Pro x64,  after some exhaustive testing I'm failing to find any sign of Bluetooth support - no BT drivers or unknown devices showing in Device Manager, Fn + F5 shows only WiFi, but the BIOS setting for BT is set to enabled? I even tried installing the latest drivers downloaded from the Lenovo website but this fails to install reporting that no BT hardware is available? Also updated to the latest BIOS and still the same.

We rebuilt the laptop with our standard Windows 7 Pro x64 build and are observing the same as above.

The purchaser made an assumption that Bluetooth was supported on the laptops but I'm having doubts about this, but I can't seem to find any specs for this particular variant.

Can Lenovo support please confirm if this variant supports Bluetooth or offer any ideas why its not avilable?

TIA.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: W520 Type 4282-B86 no Bluetooth support?

That's a custom configuration, and it was spec'ed with no bluetooth.  I confirmed this within the Lenovo model number database.

Just because the IO Port is listed in the BIOS menu, does not mean that the system has the bluetooth device.

Paper Tape
gerson2k

Re: W520 Type 4282-B86 no Bluetooth support?

Thanks for your quick response. I pretty much guessed as much, but always good to have confirmation from people who have access to the correct info.

WRT to BT listed in the BIOS its fine if you have knowledge that "BT Enabled" could mean nothing if the hardware is not there, and I would be the first to say this post would probably not have been posted had I not seen that option in the BIOS.