Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
daveBL
Accepted Solution

W520 auto Screen brightness

Hi.

my new w520 arrived and there is only one annoying thing, the automatical brightness and contrast.

i searched all the menus and lenovo tools and tried to find something in windows controls but nothing is working.

HOW or WHERE can i completely disable this ***** ? maybe i will have to uninstal all the lenovo tools.

Punch Card
skie41

Re: W520 auto Screen brightness

Hi,

not sure if this is the same issue, but if you're getting automatically-dimming screens on dark websites, I am experiencing the same issue on my W701 as well.

i've tried updating the device drivers (GPU and Monitor), and also looking in the Nvidia Control Panel (my W701 comes with the FX 3800m card), but can find nothing remotely resembling that option.

To be specific, whenever I switch to a dark website (such as www.blackle.com) the monitor (irritatingly) automatically drops the brightness, and switches back when I go back to a white (or brighter) background. The logic of this eludes me, and also the solution to turning it off - anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!

Paper Tape
daveBL

Re: W520 auto Screen brightness

after searching some more hours i found this:

Control Panel

Intel Graphics Properties > Power > (choose Battery) > Deselect Automatic Display Brightness

that helped me i think. 

Its a stupid function or i just dont realize the function of the Auto Dimming.

When im sitting in a darker room and i open a website the screen turns brighter so

i have to lower the screen brightnes because im getting blind .

when im using a dark website it turns darker so i have to turn it up.

Intel and lenovo... please take a look at car companies. Displays turn darker when you drive in a tunnel or at night... just as a hint