Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: W530 Keyboard disaster

[ Edited ]

ThorsHammer wrote:

Chatbox wrote:

Lenovo is trying to limit any negative wordings from appearing in thread titles in forum...

Trying to hide it from potential new buyers.

Yea, I know.  I saw another thread about Lenovo stealing some dudes money got changed, too.  I don't really mind it much if the title reflects the content.  But this thread should not have been merges with a thread about a photo.  Discussing the keyboard is very different.

This is a little OT, but so is the discussion...

@ThorsHammer: as andyP pointed out, you replied to idelossa's post.  That post was titled W530 Keyboard disaster, so that's what showed up as the title to your post.  idelossa was replying to Jeremy0's post also titled W530 keyboard disaster.

Presumably Jeremy0 titled that post W530 Keyboard...  When posting a reply, you can change the title to your post.  If others reply to that post, it defaults to the title of the post to which they reply.

Near as I can tell, no thread got merged.  A member posting a reply changed their title, and others replied to that.

I don't thinks there's a consiparacy involved :smileyhappy:

[edit] Missisng quote.

[more edit] As ThorsHammer points out below, my presumption above is incorrect.  I'm leaving in place so I don't get accused of selective editing...

Regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

[ Edited ]

zoltanthegypsy wrote:
This is a little OT, but so is the discussion...

@ThorsHammer: as andyP pointed out, you replied to idelossa's post.  That post was titled W530 Keyboard disaster, so that's what showed up as the title to your post.  idelossa was replying to Jeremy0's post also titled W530 keyboard disaster.

Presumably Jeremy0 titled that post W530 Keyboard...  When posting a reply, you can change the title to your post.  If others reply to that post, it defaults to the title of the post to which they reply.

Near as I can tell, no thread got merged.  A member posting a reply changed their title, and others replied to that.

I don't thinks there's a consiparacy involved :smileyhappy:

[edit] Missisng quote.

Regards,

Z.

Sorry but that is incorret.  First of all, I know the difference between a post title and a thread title.  The point of contention here is the thread title that shows up in the forum, not all of the individual post titles.

Two threads were indeed merged.  One of them is clearly visible at http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/W530-Keyboard-disaster/td-p/753587 and had a thread title of "W530 Keyboard disaster!"

Now that they are merged, the resulting thread title is "w530 photo".

The title "w530 photo" is a terrible title if the goal was to combine W530 general purpose discussion threads.

Looked more like a PR tactic.

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

I stand corrected.  Thanks.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Punch Card
Thinker96

Re: w530 photo

Yea, I knew it had the Chiclet keyboard when I bought it. I really didn't care at that point.

Now that I have done more research on ThinkPads, I just don't think that a computer that lacks durability deserves the trustworthy "ThinkPad" logo to be on it.

They could have at least added the roll cage. I can literally push the back of the monitor and see the liquid moving around. Also, whenever I'm typing (and have my palms on the bottom by the track pad) if I apply any pressure, I can hear the plastic squeaking (it sounds like it is not attached very good).

Although, I do love the large trackpad (that does not have bumps all over it), lol.

ThinkPad Edge 15 / 0301
Intel Core i5 480M / 2.67GHz Turbo Boost | Intel HD Graphics
4GB RAM | 320GB HDD
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

rollcage is expensive. Edge is a value line laptop. It basically has all the software system as a classic thinkpad, and supported using the same infrastructure. But structurally, it is not going to be as tough as regular classic ThinkPad.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Punch Card
Thinker96

[ Edited ]

Now I know. At first I thought it was like other ThinkPads, but with a stylish appearance.

Lenovo should seriously consider creating a ThinPad Edge model with the rollcage, and other classic ThinkPad durability features. They should even try making it an ultrabook. I would like that. :smileyhappy:

EDIT: And as for the whole "editing posts" thing, I can assure you that most companies would do things like this.

ANOTHER EDIT: I just talked with a Lenovo sales representative via website chat, and Lenovo is keeping the Chiclet keyboard for the final release.

THIRD EDIT:  I just talked with another representative, and he said the reason the W530 will have the Chiclet keyboard is because of the backlit keys.  They appearantly have had a lot of requests for this.   The ThinkPad W520 should also go off of the site for purchase basically the same time the new one comes out.  At first I thought it was just someon being stupid whenever they changed the keyboard, but it is appearntly for the lights, so I'm more understanding now.

ThinkPad Edge 15 / 0301
4GB RAM | 320GB HDD
Fanfold Paper
pertierr

I've heard that explanation several times now and it makes no sense to me.  There is no reason you can't backlight the current keyboard.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Rocknrolla

Lighting got nothing to do with the layout. The reason a lot of people complaining is the layout! 

Punch Card
Thinker96

Maybe they couldn't light the classic keyboard because the keys are beveled.  I don't know why they had to change the layout around, but I mainly care about the beveled keys and the blue enter key.

ThinkPad Edge 15 / 0301
4GB RAM | 320GB HDD
802.11n
biznatch

I don't know about a backlit keyboard.  I love the Thinklight.  When I'm sitting in a dark room with my laptop it's nice to be able to see a bit more than just the keys.  It's like a little night light or something, very useful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
W520 i7-2720QM | 32 GB RAM 1333 MHz | FHD 1920x1080 | Quadro 1000M | Windows 7 & Ubuntu 12.04
Crucial M500 480GB mSATA + 2 x 1 TB Hitachi Travelstar 7200 rpm | BIOS 1.38