Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Re: W530 slow boot time

Dear Homel,

Its great so many people are posting trying to help you with your issue, I hope we can get to the bottom of your issues soon.

I just wanted to let you know that if you were to install a new version of Windows 7 pro and erase the current one you have it would ether clear out your old recovery partition or make your old recovery partition not work correctly. I would suggest that before you install any new OS onto your Thinkpad to make a back up image on ether CDs or an external HDD.

I hope this helps!

Hiro.

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Paper Tape
masterkid114

Have you gone into the BIOS yet and selected "Fast Boot" in the boot options?
Fanfold Paper
AdvancedUser

My boot times were pathetic with 20gb RAM, 7200 drive, etc.  They were taking 80 seconds or more.  I removed a lot of bloat, and they were still disgraceful.

So, I took the step of removing the king of bloat...the Rapid Boot technology.  And voila (wala), my boots are now in the 25 second range; cold.  When I restart, the system re-boots in about 40 seconds to a usable state.

W530 16GB RAM, K2000M, i7-3610qm, 320gb and 320gb 7200 and DVD recordable, N-6205, BT 4.0, Color Sensor Bezel (don't know where to get the color sensor) Windows 7 Ult. x6460
Token Ring
SSDee

@A.U.

Bravo! Glad to hear you resolved the problem.

How do you remove Rapid Boot?

Hiro

Hey SSDee,

Here are the steps to un-install Rapid Boot:

Silent Install

This is for system administrators' use only.

1. Refer to the "Manual Install" section, and download and extract the file.
  2. In step 11 of the "Installing files" section, uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... now", and then  click Finish to cancel installation.
  3. At the command line, execute the command applicable to your OS:
    • setup32.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress" (Windows 7 32-bit)
    • setup64.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress" (Windows 7 64-bit)

Manual Uninstall
  1. Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.
  2. Click Start, then click Control Panel.
  3. Make sure View by Category is selected, and click Uninstall          a program.
  4. Select RapidBoot Shield, and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Token Ring
SSDee

Thanks, Hiro.

I seem to recall that RapidBoot can be disabled as a service, without uninstalling - or am I mistaken as usual?

Hiro

Hey SSDee,

Yes you can if you don't want use RapidBoot Shield you can open the GUI and un-check "Enable RapidBoot Shield". On the next boot up RapidBoot Shield will not be enabled. If for any time you want to turn it back on you can re-check the box.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Token Ring
SSDee

@Hiro,

Thanks, but I don't know what you mean "open the GUI". Which program contains the "Enable Rapid Boot" checkbox?

Ron_9972
Topics: 18
Kudos: 66
Solutions: 37

[ Edited ]

You can click Start, then enter rapidboot shield in the search bar. You will see (GUI is Graphic User Interface) where to disable it.

Did you find a post awesome? A great response? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a 'thank you' for helping you out!