nomi_000
Accepted Solution

W700 (2757) Raid Setup Configrations

Hi i have the Folliwing LAPTOP:

W700 (2757CTO)

Vista 64bit (Ultimate)

2XHDD X 160GB / 7200rpm

2GM Turbomemory

and all extra stuff like: Wacom digit../ Blue Ray/ 4 GB RAM/ Q9300 Extreem Quadro/  etc.

Also update the BIOS to V 1.09

Trouble:

When i  enabnle RAID in BIOS setup utility from AHCI >RAID  during windows boot screen it suddenly goes blue screen and than restart.

I have Tried it all three possible ways:

1. Just only Enable RAID with out seting up RAID in the Intel Matrix RAID configuration menue (only Enable in BIOS)

2. Enable it BIOS than "F10" than "Ctrl I" in the Intel Matrix Screen Setup to "RAID 0" it ask me all data will be lost accepted it than restarted my LAPTOP used Recovery CDs the one i created from my LAPTOP Vista 64bit, after completing the setup it says sucessfully done restarts the Computer and than at the and same this, during windows bootup screen Blue Screen and restart. i tried to capture the error but it so fat restarting and unable to use the "Pause Break" button to see the error code.

3. Every thing same as in # 2 but this time i set it to "RAID1". result is the 100% same.

Your response to this will be highly appriciated.

Lenovo Staff
Icepick

Re: W700 (2757) Raid Setup Configrations

nomi_000,

You cannot have Turbo Memory and RAID configured at the same time.....it is one or the other.  This is a current limitation of the Intel Matrix Storage Driver that I hope will be addressed soon.

This is why the Lenovo sales website will not allow you to configure a system with RAID and Turbo Memory together.  So the most likely scenario is you configured your system at the time of purchase with "Internal RAID" not enabled.

If you want to setup RAID on your system, you will first need to remove the Turbo Memory chip.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards

Serial Port
nomi_000

So when i Remove the Turbo Memory after can i install the memory Back once Raid is configured. and to install the turbo memory is it simply plug it in and out or there are any kind of Configurations ?

Lenovo Staff
Icepick

Again, you need to decide which configuration you want.....Turbo Memory or RAID.

It is one or the other.....they cannot currently coexist.

Consult the HMM (section 1130, pg 88) for instructions on Turbo Memory removal:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70385

Regards

Serial Port
nomi_000

Re: W700 (2757) Raid Setup Configurations

Hi there, Any news on Raid Setup while the Turbo memory is installed on W700 (2757). I tried to open the machine to detach the Memory but it is very sophisticated so I gave up and decided to wait un till the driver are released, I also have come across some kind of information saying:

(For those with SSD drives the benefits would be marginal or non-existent (guessing here). Note also that Turbo Memory is now compatible with ICH9M RAID mode of W700, see summary of changes section for Turbo Memory driver here http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... MIGR-67820 ). But clicking on this MIGR-67820 and down loading the Turbo memory drivers Version 1.7.0.1029-8.6.0.1007 it doest not stop the blue screen issue.

I will really be great full if you have any news related to this or any of your friends.

cvg
Fanfold Paper
cvg

Hi,

I'm having very similar problems! Do anybody know if disabling the turbo-memory (by driver? or removal?) solves the issue?

Some where on the internet i read a solution where I

1.installed (or ghosted) the image onto a drive in the utrabay.

2. installed the raid-driver

3. made the raid-set on the two drives and bios

4. ghosted the image back to the raid-set

The problem here is that the driver dosen't work / or let it self install. When the sata is enabled in bios the driver cannot be installed (no raid controller in the device magement). When the raid option is enabled the i get a bluescreen before startup of windows vista.

What to do?

-----

Christian Gundersen
Denmark

X61s - type 1707-z2x
cvg
Fanfold Paper
cvg

Just tried to un-install the Intel Turbo memory, and the result was the same :-(

In this case there was no connection between the raid-setup and the turbo memory.

-----

Christian Gundersen
Denmark

X61s - type 1707-z2x
andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

cvg wrote:

Just tried to un-install the Intel Turbo memory, and the result was the same :-(

In this case there was no connection between the raid-setup and the turbo memory.

Have you physically removed the Turbo-Memory, as Icepick stated, or just uninstalled it in windows?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Serial Port
nomi_000

Hi there,

I took the trouble of unscrewing my w700 and removed the turbo memory physically, than installed OS using my Recovery CDs but there is no luck. It still shows the blue screen on start up and than restarts. I have tried it .

cvg
Fanfold Paper
cvg

Hi Andy,

I did indeed psychically remove the turbo-memory, and the problem was the same.

- Chris

-----

Christian Gundersen
Denmark

X61s - type 1707-z2x