Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
RMForlenza

Re: W700 Many Problems... USB and Wacom Digitizer not working

How does one remove the activity monitor? My digitizer recently stopped working on a W700 running XP.

Punch Card
Manuel_A

Re: W700 Many Problems... USB and Wacom Digitizer not working

[ Edited ]

RMForlenza wrote:

How does one remove the activity monitor? My digitizer recently stopped working on a W700 running XP.

Hi RMForlenza,

First remove the power cord and the battery close the lid, and put your W700 in the middle of your desk.

Then get a long handle sledgehammer and step back, and raise the sledgehammer over your head then beat your W700 with the sledgehammer repeatedly until you feel better.

Then you’re done…

lol I Feel Better don't you...

Lenovo W701 | WUXGA RGB-LED-BL | Intel i7-920XM | Nvidia FX 3800M | 16GB RAM @ 1333MHz | Intel X25-M 160GB MLC G2 | 500GB @ 7200RPM | Compact Flash (PCIe) + Express Card(34mm) | BlueTooth W/ Antenna |Intel Ultimate-N 6300 (3x3) |
Punch Card
JoelDoyle

W701 Wacom Pen Tablet and USB Not Working

[ Edited ]

I recieved my W701 with the Wacom pen tablet this past Thursday. After getting all the updates installed via ThinkVantage tools, installing Norton, and letting Windows update do it's thing all was good. I installed my programs: Adobe Production Premium, Firefox, Chrome, CPUIZ. Again, all was good. The tablet was working fine. When I popped the pen out of the holder it just worked. It even brought the little widget on the side of the screen for handwritten notes.

Then one day I go to use it and it just doesn't work anymore. Device manager says it's there and it's working properly. ThinkVantage reports no problems.

I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling with the latest driver from the Lenovo drivers page. Still nothing. The wierdest thing is that Windows doesn't detect it as a new device when I uninstall the drivers. It's like it doesn't even exist as a device anymore.

I tried to think if there was anything I installed that would have caused the problem, but nothing comes to mind. I installed Nvidia performance drivers for the Quadro FX 2800m, but the tablet was working fine after that install.

I've been trying to figure it out all weekend with no luck. I'm going to call tech support, but I'm going to be so pissed if they tell me to send it back! I already had to wait 15 days to get my laptop from Shanghai.

I have read a previous post about USB and Wacom tablet not working because Activity Monitor was installed. I have tried it with and without it installed and it makes no difference.

I should also note that the two USB ports next the the yellow USB port have not worked since I recieved my notebook. I assumed they needed a driver to function, but ThinkVantage says I have every update available.

Help!

Windows 7 64

i7 720QM

I get this error sometimes when I install the latest driver and try to run the Pen Tablet options:

A Supported Tablet was not found on the system.

Punch Card
JoelDoyle

Re: W701 Wacom Pen Tablet and USB Not Working

[ Edited ]

I am beginning to believe that my digitizer is malfunctional. I have restored my computer to factory defaults, and it still doesn't work!

I ran the diagnostics test for the "Wacom Mouse" and the test fails. Looks like my problem might be hardware related.

Serial Port
Aboulafia

I am beginning to believe that my digitizer is malfunctional. I have restored my computer to factory defaults, and it still doesn't work!

Doesn't work under Vista too ?

T61P 6460DVU - XP PRO - 3 Gb ram - 320 Gb Hd - 15,4" display
W700 27584SU - SEVEN PRO - 4 Gb ram - 2x320 Gb hd raid 0 - 17" display
What's DOS?
NastyCreatures

I purchased this w701 under a year ago.  I started having serious problems with the computer crashing about 2 months ago.  The tech informed my to update all my drivers through the toolbox.  thats when everything started crumbling. The crashes stopped but everything else stopped working properly also.  after the mother board being replaced, the whole computer being wipped and recovered the **bleep** Wacom tablet still randomly stops working.

Unkown device.  Malfunction. I installed the hotfix. nothing, updated the driver. works longer than before but still get the malfunction. the only way yo get it to work again is reboot.   I use this **bleep** pen A LOT

tech support says they don't support software, so they change out all the hardware... but, if this is an issue with the updates not being compatible with the hardware I'm stuck in the middle with a malfunctioning Wacom Virtual HID.

??????????????????? Seriously. I paid A LOT of money for this computer.  It's been down, for 2 weeks, including the week it was sent back to Lenovo...

DOES ANYONE have a fix for this **bleep** Wacom issue?

w701 Win 7 Pro 

What's DOS?
NastyCreatures

I think I've discovered something.  When the bluetooth radio is on it calls another HID driver to be active. I turned off the bluetooth radio and so far it seems to be working.  Is it possible that the shared HID driver for the wacom and bluetooth enabled devices cause the wacom's service to crash as an unknown device? so far so good.

I dd not have this problem until I started turning on the bluetooth radio to use my bluetooth headset.

What's DOS?
NastyCreatures

no. it crapped out on me again. but it lasted a lot longer this time around

802.11n
Jimbo

NastyCreatures, if you never had problems before with the tablet, then suddenly started having problems, then you may be suffering from problems created by a software update. In fact, this is one of the reasons why I backup my system drive, so that I can revert to a previous state of the system (when the problem wasn't occuring) should a problem like this crop up.

If the problem doesn't occur with my old backed-up version of the system, then I know it was caused by a subsequent software update. If it does occur with the old backed-up system, then I know that it's either caused by a changed BIOS setting, or a hardware problem. If I didn't change any BIOS settings, then that points to a hardware problem.

Saves you a lot of grief when trying to troubleshoot problems. And if you frequent these forums, you'll see that Lenovo issues a lot of buggy software updates.

I use Acronis True Image for backups. If you have no backups, then you could backup your system now, using a program like Acronis, then restore the system to its factory state and see if you still have the problems with the tablet. Or, you could instead try traveling backward through system restore points, which are made each time you install software. For more info about backups in general, see my post in this thread.

Good luck!