Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
nikrni

Re: W700 and raid failures

This is very similar to my problem. It is just a question of time until it fails again. Haven't had the time to investigate more, but I do now, so will call the tech support tomorrow morning.

Regards

Niels Kristian

SCSI Port
Geophyte1

I have the same problem and I've checked the Bios, Intel Matrix Mgr. and the Turbo Memory and all are and have been up-to-date since before my problem started.  Running RAID1 on W700ds flawlessly since I built the RAID1 in March 2010 on 320gig HDs.  One of them "failed" in December 2010 and a HD was replaced and rebuilt the raid1 no problem.  I had already bought 500gig drives from Lenovo to upgrade and I have had that 500 gig RAID1 fail twice in the last 3 days.  I believe both times it was slot 0 but I'm not absolutely certain.  After the first failure with the 500s I SDDd the drives and did a fresh install and that one lasted two days before failing.  I ran both short and long Lenovo Hard drive boot tests on both drives after the second failure and they both passed everything.

There is another strange thing that began to happen during all of this. When the RAID1 degrades the machine will boot off the drive that shows good but will not boot off the other drive UNTIL I put that "bad" drive in by itself and delete the raid. When I do that the machine will then boot off the "bad" drive even though there is a warning as you are about to delete the raid that says all data will be lost.  Interestingly, the "good" drive boots up and says the Windows 7 is now not genuine but the "bad" drive that has had the raid broken on it and then boots up says it is activated and doesn't say a word about not being genuine.  Both Lenovo and Windows updates work on this "bad" drive.

Just trying to add data to this subject.  I'd like to know the answer. 

Geophyte1
W700ds 2757-CTO
SCSI Port
Geophyte1

I did just find this in the Intel "Intel® Matrix Storage Console

Reference Content"

"Note

You may see a dialog box warning you of data loss. This warning does not apply to

RAID 1; you will still be able to access your data."

I assume this is the reason I can boot to the drive and it is still all there after breaking a raid.

Geophyte1
W700ds 2757-CTO
Paper Tape
ilia

My laptop traveled to repair depot two times in recent month. Lenovo replaced hard drive, memory and now motherboard. Just got it back today and 8 hours later I see same error message again.  Is anyone found solution? IBM support is useless