Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
don820

Warping case/frame?

For some bizarre reason that I can't quite fathom, my w510 this morning is warped.  The front-right side of the laptop is raised about 2mm off the level surface that it typically sits on.  I've checked all the rubber pads, they are all there and seated properly.

I've tried it on a couple of surfaces, including a granite counter top -- same thing, it's warped.

Is it at all possible that after playing a graphic-intense game last night for 3-4 hours, that the heat had somehow caused the frame to warp?

Anyone else notice and warping on their w510?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

Re: Warping case/frame?

whoa your W510 seems to be a problematic machine.... 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Token Ring
don820

To be honest, I'm starting to wonder if I'm just a problematic person. :smileysad:
Token Ring
xtsubarublazin

Yeah man your machine does seem abnormally problematic. Even the worst W510s haven't had the gamut of problems yours has.

I don't know about gaming, but I've done about five hours of heavy rendering and 3D/CAD work on my machine and nothing bad happened. The machine was warm and the fans were running full power, though I checked the CPU temp and it never wavered. I'd imagine I put the machine under quite a bit of stress and everything was okay.

802.11n
Jimbo

[ Edited ]

For graphics-intensive gaming in particular, it's probably wise to run the W510 on a cooler:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=89095

Also, cooler electronics live longer. Sorry to hear of your travails, Don820.