Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
frankparkerjr

What is the port for on the left of the w500 between the eathernet and video monitor connection?

There is a port on the left side of the w500 that is next to the video monitor connector. It looks like an HDMI port but is square on one side. So I do not think it is hdmi. What is that port called and what is it for?

I want to hook up the computer to a tv for the kids to watch netflix.

Bit Torrent
Vince69

Re: What is the port for on the left of the w500 between the eathernet and video monitor connection?

Hello mate,

It's a DisplayPort (that's its name) It's like an HDMI port but it's different :smileywink:

All you need to plug your tv is a cable DisplayPort to HDMI and it's all good. You normally won't have sound because the port is for video only. You will need to plug a cable from your audio out to your tv.

You can also check there for some tips : http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/No-audio-from-TV-when-connected-to-a-laptop...

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw