Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
Chatbox

Re: Who should I talk to about IBMPMSVC Windows Service?

Thanks Jimbo!  Guess I'll go and test out which test can complete within 5 minutes...and compare the results.  So there really is no point to go full on when you're on a laptop.  (my LCD panel is only 94.5% sRGB and 68% Adobe RGB).

Next, I'll have to figure out how to do it in Lion  (got a hackintosh going  :-D )

802.11n
Jimbo

I love the W700's calibrated display (and palmrest tablet), and it's interesting that you mention the Mac. I, and a lot of other potential Mac customers, ordered W700's using a steep discount Lenovo offered in Fall 2008. Many of us were torn between the W700 and the not-yet-announced new 17" MacBook Pro. I was willing to cancel the order and wait for the Mac, if Apple would only release some info about whether the display was RGB-LED-backlit, and what graphics processor it would have. So I emailed that to Steve Jobs, who replied:

"Sorry Jim, but we can't run our entire business around the timing of your notebook orders. You will, however, be kicking yourselves in the butts. 

Steve

Sent from my iPhone"

Haven't kicked myself yet.

802.11n
Jimbo

Here's the related thread detailing the effort to use the dispcalGUI software to improve color calibration on W5XX machines havng the built-in calibrator.

Token Ring
Chatbox

LoL...you did see me (my alias name) on that thread, right?

802.11n
Jimbo

[ Edited ]

Of course! :smileyhappy:

And you have a PM waiting over there as well, with some info. I posted the link back to the thinkpads.com thread, so that readers of this thread could see more about why you need the info on IBMPMSVC. Sorry if my different names here/there cause confusion.

Token Ring
Chatbox

Thanks Jimbo.   I hope to hear from Lenovo soon...but I doubt they'll release any information.

802.11n
Jimbo

We'll give them the chance to pleasantly surprise us.

802.11n
Jimbo

Chatbox, check your messages.

Token Ring
Chatbox

Thanks, but I've already looked at them sometime ago.  Really need Lenovo's internal docs.