Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
fieldhb

Re: Wireless Problem on W500

I would think that pointing someone high up in lenovo to this thread and having them read it, would give them enough information to realize there is a problem with a batch of the adapters, or software on the laptops.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Frankw

Thanks, I will send an email - hopefully they'll read it... if it doesn't work and I get no response I was thinking of mailing a letter in ... any suggestions? 
Fanfold Paper
fieldhb

Well I took my laptop over to my in-laws where they have a wireless network and it worked fine.

And now I connected again and it seems to be working good.

I made a mistake in a previous post, I thought the profiles were separate in AC and windows Manage Wirless Networks. Ac is giving you a nice gui for making the entrees I guess.

I have QOS Packet Schedlar and IPV6 turned off, but I could have sworn that I did that before without  any differnce.

I will see if the connections continues to connect to the internet consistently.

As far as an emial goes, I think maybe if we structured it in a spreadsheet or something, like:

Username

Model/Adapter/Router/ info

Problem Description

Link to Forum topic ??

Fanfold Paper
fieldhb

Just lost internet connection again.

This time it didn't go to sleep, just lost internet connection while working.

The only way to get it to reconnect again was to disconnect form home network and reconnect.

My other  3 machines never lost connection at this same time.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Frankw

Yes, that is the general problem everyone is having.  While working, it automatically stops, and Fn + f5 says wireless is still on.  You have to restart the computer for it to work again.  

I really hope somone has a good solution to this because nothing is working ... and customer help seems just as mystified.  

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,324
Solutions: 285

All,

While I appreciate your frustration, emailing random execs in the company is not an appropriate action here.

There are updated drivers working through test that should improve / resolve many of these symptoms.   Please also be aware of the parallel discussions in the forum, and solutions / improvements found by other members through changes to power management schemes, access point roaming aggressiveness, etc.

I would again ask members to review the rules of the forum - this is a peer to peer community.  The formal support path is to call technical support and escalate your particular circumstances after you have ensured you have the latest drivers, version of access connections, BIOS, and settings applied, and have reviewed our e-support site for relevant tips.

That said,  I will see what technical information is available that can be shared here including an ETA on updated wireless drivers.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,324
Solutions: 285

FrankW,

Could you PM me your support case number?   If support is unable to help resolve your issue, have they opened an escalation ticket  for you?

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
fieldhb

Frankw wrote:

Yes, that is the general problem everyone is having.  While working, it automatically stops, and Fn + f5 says wireless is still on.  You have to restart the computer for it to work again.  

I really hope somone has a good solution to this because nothing is working ... and customer help seems just as mystified.  

Hi Frank, to solve my disconnection problem, I usually just disconnect from my connected network either through windows or Access connections and then connect again.

I have not had to do a reboot to fix it, at least this week I haven't.

One thing I did notice when I was all locked up, is that the ip address for the adapter was a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx number, like it had when I got it out of the box. I got this through an ipconfig.

But when I go to the settings for the adapter, I do not see any default setting for ip.

If it was grabbing the last ip assigned, it should be a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx number.

Paper Tape
tatung70

I am seeing this also. New laptop as of this past Friday. Latest drivers from lenovo and I have to reboot at least once per day as I am 100% wireless and it stops working.
Fanfold Paper
fieldhb

I have updated the adapter driver, ac connections, hot keys, and power manager.

It still has problems coming out of sleep mode, I have to disconnect and reconnect with ac connections.

Every once in a while it will lose connection, but ac connection and windows thinks they are still connected. So I have to disconnect and re-connect with ac connections to fix it.

I am writing this from my 7 year old tower running xp pro.

Connects wirelessly with my router via a linksys card I bought about 3 years ago.

Never have a problem with it. If I tried to sell this relic, they would probably give me 100 dollars if I were lucky.

I will call support tomorrow again I think. I am just tired of dealing with it.

Let me know if you get anywhere. 

Have you tried disabling IPV6 and QOS sharing or filtering, whatever it is called ?