Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
haller9816
Accepted Solution

ati2dvag bluescreen at W500 again

Hi All,

since the beginning of using my new W500 wit XP I got bluescreens with the infinity loop of the ati2dvag massage. Since I made a BIOS setup, I had no more this bluescreen-problems.

But now I need to use a CAD-program, and today I tried to use it, but while moving "assemblings" (high performance for the graphic-card) the f... bluescreen came up again :-(((

I read the thread "W500:  ati2dvag infinite loop", but without the tip with the BIOS-update, it is a little to confusing for me.

Can you help me, what I can do?

Thank you.

Olaf

Fanfold Paper
haller9816

Re: ati2dvag bluescreen at W500 again - addition

As it is described to verify the in

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70497

I called the CCC and there is not written "ATI FireGL" or "ATI Radeon" but "ATI FirePro"? Does this mean, I have a FirePro Card??? My actual graphic driver is 7yd124ww.exe for "ATI Mobility FireGL V5700". Do I have the wrong driver???

Olaf

Paper Tape
John_S

Re: ati2dvag bluescreen at W500 again

I too updated all the drivers and BIOS and was getting a blue screen in ati2dvag   Mine seemed to occur when using the Acrobat Reader 9.3.    Then I found this TechNote from Adobe for a slightly different and older problem with the ATI drivers.   http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/324/324073.html.   I used the same work around (Uncheck  "Use 2D GPU acceleration")  and I haven't seen the blue screen in several days.    That TechNote mentioned that the solution to that problem was in the ATI/Lenovo drivers.   So I suspect there is a problem with these new drivers from ATI/Lenovo again.

Regards,

John

Fanfold Paper
haller9816

Hi John,

can it be true??????

At first half an hour I searched for the 2D GPU acceleration in Adobe Acrobat - and didn't find it. But then in Adobe Reader I found it. I unchecked it and then in the same application (CAD) and doing the same things like before I had NO bluescreen anymore.

So John - I will keep watching on, an tell you if you are my Saviour in Misery :-))

At first have many many thanks.

Olaf

Paper Tape
boscharun

One solution that worked for me is as below

http://www.toolsbysk.com/skforums/forum/Blah.pl?m-1267865232

What's DOS?
rhmitul

i have a Samsung  net book  ...when i start my system .some minute latter blue screen come out and show ati2dvag
 and then auto restart my system. but now recently i solved  my problem by ( pc health advisor ) software .PC  Health Advisor brings together high quality tools in one comprehensive program. This advanced software makes it easy to fix, clean and optimize your computer.