Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
nexusthx1138

cd/dvd drive failure?

hi all

today i was trying to make a dvd of some family videos, all my files were on a re-writable disc which i copyed over to my laptop so i could burn copies onto dvd.

i had made an iso image of the dvd which i was going to burn using dvd decrypter, it was at this time i was informed that the dvd i was using was unreadable.

i tried a few more each reporting that the were the wrong media, i have gone onto try cd's bought dvd's and game disc's, nothing is working anymore.

when you put a disc in it spins for about five seconds then you hear a light buzz sound and the disc stops spinning, windows is seeing the dvd drive and reporting that it is working normally ?

i am at a complet loss here as to what has happend, has my dvd suffered a catastrophic failure or what ? any solutions would be greatful before i call lenovo and have the drive exchanged as i am still under warrinty.

laptop is a w520 dvd drive is model hl-dt-st dvdram gt33n.

cheers in advance for any help givin.

Paper Tape
nexusthx1138

Re: cd/dvd drive failure?

hi guys

just a quick update regarding my dvd drive, was unable to find anything online that would help me sort out this problem.

so today i contacted lenovo support, went through the usuall stuff.

this guy nick conected to my laptop had a look at the drive for me tried flashing with new firmware but i was already on latest

firmware.

so it would seem that my drive is indead dead, and i will be getting a brand new drive tomorrow morning, fantastic service cant fault it, i wish i had just phoned them instead of endlessly searching online for solutions.

cheers.