Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
jartron

"Error Turning off laptop notificatons." message when trying to calibrate w/ x-rite on w520

[ Edited ]

The calibration worked got my w520 last week. Now when I try I get no further than this error:

http://i.imgur.com/RPf29.png

Any ideas?

Moderator Note: Image size > 50k, converted to link. 

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: "Error Turning off laptop notificatons." message when trying to calibrate w/ x-rite on

hey jartron,

that error you receive, i notice it has the word Pantone on it, is this a third party software ? if it is, then you will need to check with the manufacturer about it.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
jartron

Re: "Error Turning off laptop notificatons." message when trying to calibrate w/ x-rite on

Serge,

Thank you for your response. I'm refering to the X-rite "Color by Panatone" software that came with my system to control the built in color calibrator.

I did contact x-rite about this issue and this was their response:

I’ve reviewed your recent request for support.

I believe that you are indicating that you have a Lenovo ThinkPad with an embedded Huey calibrator.

Lenovo has asked that we direct you back to their support department for all such questions.

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this error? Is there another channel of support I should be using for this?

I don't know if it's related but my "Thinkvantage" button and microphone mute buttons are also not working...not very cool for a week-old system.

Thanks for your help!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
jartron

Bump.

Anything? Anything at all?