Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
xianxi

Re: w500 keyboard super-loose-noisy!!

Guess what? My new arrived w500 has the same problem... Even worse, the whole w500 looks like a cheap plastic box compared with old versions such as T series..

Lenovo...

Disappointed... Pressing the brand new w500 keyboard feels like some of the keys will never bounce back...and of course with incredible noises.

Will return tomorrow if no replacement can be provided.

Fanfold Paper
IceCube

How has your experience been with replacing the laptop? I'm from Toronto too, so we're both dealing with Lenovo Canada here. I've been waiting for a call for almost a week and no one seems to authorize my DOA. What a joke.
Punch Card
xianxi

Yeah poor tech/customer support... the only thing you can do is to keep calling them asking for the DOA #... that's what I did. And try faxing your proof of purchase again before calling them. Your new machine will never come if a DOA # is not created and the DOA case has not been approved by Lenovo Canada.

They've told me the DOA request has been sent to the production and my replacement should arrive in 1-2 weeks. The funny thing is they kind of admitted the keyboard is a common issue for w500, which is practically telling everyone out there to pray everyday for their orders before the machine is arrived.

It's been an unpleasant experience ever since my original order was made... I'm not sure I'll keep the 2nd machine if noting is improved.

Punch Card
raptorhertz

I am keen to buy W500,but have been reading on different forums about keyboard problems that the ne T/W series are having,

Has this problem been resolved?Or it's till there and i should look for different options,even T500 has it too but not the like the left side problem that W500 has.

Plz share!

Fanfold Paper
gregkattawar

Well I am happy with my W500 now... but I did have to send the first one back and get a replacement due to the keyboard.. The second one I got was fine though... The issue with the first was the left side "sank" upon every keystroke.. especially "a" and "s" which get hit alot... It wasn't the clicking of the keys, it was the entire keyboard-plate sinking/shifting around whenever you pushed a key on the left side. The right side, on the other hand, was nice and solid. I took it apart and found that the keyboard was "warped" a bit and wouldn't seat properly which caused the sinking/wobbeling.... Definitely a defect. The second one I got obviously didn't have this problem.

All that aside, I like the W500 now that I have a good keyboard. That resolution and speed are SWEET. I went ahead and got the 9cell battery, but I think I should have got the 6.... I really don't like it sticking out as much as it does. I would rather just have the 6 in there most of the time, and keep the 9 as a backup for emergencies...

Good luck. (it is a good machine, but you just need to check on the keyboard when it arrives). It is easy to figure out if you got a good one or a bad one.

Punch Card
raptorhertz

Thanks GregKattawar,

I shall be using Thinpad for the first time in My Life would be great,if you tell what all to look for to ensure that there is no sink in the keyboard!

Cheers!

Fanfold Paper
gregkattawar

All I had to do was take it out and "type" on the left and right side. They should feel and sound the same...  the lenovo keys do "click" more than most, but I personally like that... the thing that you "might" notice is that one side of the keyboard will actually rattle/sink and make a really annoying sound while the other side stays nice and stable/tight... on the right side all I could here was a clean "click" of the keys; while on the left side it made an awful rattling sound... It was easy to feel/hear... The new one I got was fine...
Punch Card
xianxi

My suggestion is, if you don't need the machine immediately, wait for a while for those known issues to be fixed (if possible) by Lenovo.

If you are willing to risking, there's a chance (even it could be a small chance) you will hit on a bad box. 

Punch Card
raptorhertz

I shall wait,but the point is how 'll i come to know the issue has been resolved.I think i have to wait for some positive reviews about keyboard issue from the users.Lenovo has had kept quite on this issue.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

I've started a fresh discussion on this matter in the general discussion area.   The intent will be to gather some constructive feedback from customers who have received a new T400 / T500 / W500 system and have feedback on the keyboard.

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_General&thread.id=2123

I'd like to consolidate the discussion, so I'm going to lock this thread in favor of the new one where we are seeking specific feedback.

I appreciate everyone's involvement in the discussion so far, and hope forum members who have received one of these systems will provide feedback based on first hand experience.

Thanks,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество