Support in other languages: 

About the Community Knowledge Base

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎05-11-2010 by
Modified ‎05-13-2010 by
(23,419 Views)

About the Community Knowledge Base

The Lenovo Community Knowledge Base is integrated with the discussion forums and allows members to find valuable articles through search, or by browsing the knowledge base directly related to a particular set of products and using date range and categorization labels to narrow the range of results.

The Community provides easy navigation from the discussion forum areas to the related Knowledge Base functions.  Simply click the small book icon to the right of a discussion board to access the related KB.

24i7591A5B42C65E98F

If a discussion board does not have the book icon to the right of it, this means that the knowledge base for that forum has not been activated.  These will be systematically rolled out over the course of several weeks begining in mid-May 2010, and we expect to have most KBs activated with some starting articles in place by June, 2010.  The value of this resource will grow over time as more community members begin to contribute and harvest the collective knowledge of thousands of existing solutions .

Available articles in the specific KB are displayed 1 to X and may be browsed by pages.  The filter functions in the left navigation may be used to refine displayed articles by date range and labeled content.   Depending upon member permission levels, additional filter options may be provided for article and publication status. The search function at the top of the page can be used in normal search or advanced mode and will search the knowledge base and forum discussion areas based on the terms entered.

Depending on member rank and permissions granted, the Knowledge Base Dashboard provides additional options to help manage articles.    Nominated discussions and solutions may be provisionally accepted or rejected, and articles started from scratch or based upon previously nominated discussions and solutions. 

Dashboard pulldown.png

Community members can collaborate to build more complex articles, drawing in content from the original forum discussions they were based upon, supplemented with additional content.  The Community Knowledge Base keeps track of content authorship, and credits the original material's author as a contributor whether or not he or she is the member editing / building the KB article.  

Drafts may be saved and revision histories are maintained and may be compared while editing to allow collaborating members to keep up with changes being made by other members.  When an article is ready , it can be submitted for publication.

Once published, the community can comment on articles, and this feedback can be a valuable way to collect additional information to be included in a future edit.  More advanced members may edit and republish unrestricted articles.

Learn more about the Lenovo Community Knowledge Base:

Nominating discussions and leaving comments

Starting articles from scratch

Creating articles from existing forum discussions and solutions

Editing / Working with drafts and updating published articles

Comments
by Community Moderator on ‎12-15-2011 01:48 PM
by Community Moderator on ‎10-13-2013 02:28 PM
by Community Moderator on ‎11-19-2013 06:53 PM
by Community Moderator on ‎01-28-2014 03:41 PM
by fngord on ‎04-22-2014 01:24 AM

Dear all I am using a lenovo 3000 N100 machine, Model 0689, with 32 bits running XP . I upgrades 3 days ago to Windows 8.1. The update went well but for one thing -  I do no have any sound now.  The machine has a Digital Audo (S/PDIF) High definition device.

I have tried several things without success. I am hopeful that someone in the community has a solution.

Secondly I backed up all my files prior to the upgrade using the backup facility on XP. How do I restore these files ? Win 8.1 does not seems to have the same backup program that XP had.

I am getting extremely worried now.

by Community Moderator on ‎04-28-2014 10:37 AM
by bogey1 on ‎05-15-2014 07:57 PM

My new Lenovo B590 laptop has a magnifier which increases and decreases the size of the screen with no input from me.  There's no pattern.  I have to constantly reset it to default.  I have unchecked the "start magnifier" option in the display options to no avail.  The thing has a mind of its own!  If I can't correct it, can I disable the function permanently?  I don't need it.  Don't want it!  Thank you!  (Screen size changed twice while I typed this!)

by pattyguck on ‎07-14-2014 07:43 PM

Is there a sure way of getting Adobe flash player onto my Idea tab S2110A???

by rulee on ‎07-15-2014 09:37 AM

tengo una AIO C240 comprada en un hipermercado y vino con contraseña,pense que seria facil desactivarla,pero es mas complicado de lo que parece.

Al inicia aparece  Power-On Password y logicamente no lo se.Intente al iniciar el Logo de Lenovo pusando Enter

opciones de arranque y setup pulso F1 y no entyra al Bios SEtup recien lo hace al pulsar la tecla Esc

Mi consulta recide en esto puedo borrar el Power-on  y Bios  password de alguna manera ??

Serian tan amable de enseñarme a resolver este problema,saludos y gracias

by rulee on ‎07-15-2014 09:45 AM

I have a C240 AIO bought in a supermarket wine and password, I thought it would be easy to turn it off, but it is more complicated than it seems.
Appears to start Power-On Password and logically not se.Intente to start Lenovo Logo to Enter pusando
boot options and pulse F1 setup and not the BIOS Setup newly entyra does pressing the Esc key
My view on this recide I clear BIOS Power-on and password somehow?
Would be kind enough to teach me how to resolve this issue, greetings and thanks

by Moud on ‎08-13-2014 11:57 PM
by Moud on ‎08-14-2014 12:00 AM

How do I connect my JVC Camcorder GRd93 to my Lenovo H5 compuer operatying on Windows 8.1?

My cam corder has a DV connection but the computer has only HDMI. Could these be linked?

by akashjain3292 on ‎08-18-2014 07:55 AM

hello , I have problem in rebooting the system using bootable CD.an error occurs with the message "INVALID PRODUCT KEY" though i am not getting any option to enter KEY..System directly give me this message....What should i do???????????????

by Willy54 on ‎08-26-2014 07:22 AM

G470 cannot upgrade to IE11 or IE10 due to Win7 BSOD.

G470 notebook, Windows 7, BSOD Iqdpmd64.sys " Page fault in non paged area" running Internet Explorer 11 ( you can re-create this BSOD with playing multiple Youtube video tabs at the same time). 

The BSOD seems to occurring to labtops with Internal VGA graphics and AMD( ATI ) graphics together. My desktop and old Thinkpad X61 have no problem with IE11 + Win7.

HP forum tells to remove KB2670838 to fix the same symptom. But if you do, IE 11 is either removed together during the process and returns to IE8 or IE9 - if you have KB2834140  installed. MS is withdrawing support for old IEs and forces to go with IE11 but G470 with Win7 cannot go. I have tried latest VGA drivers without problem fix. 

So who should fix the problem?  MS or Lenovo?

Contributors