Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
itsdavid

Brand New Lenovo K330B 77472BU Desktop > Drive Letters

I have a brand new Lenovo that seemed to become "squirrelly" (just one example was the Power Dial function quit displaying). To make a very long story short, I decided to "start over" and did the OneKey Recover option. Now all seems OK except for one major issue. That is:

Before the Recovery, I only had two external hard drives. When I plugged them in,  they became F: and G:

Now, after the Recovery there is no E: drive. So, when I plugged them in, they became E: and F:

So, the question is (and shame on me for not paying attention to drive letter designations before the Recovery): What possibly could have been the E: drive before the Recovery. I have to wonder if that's why I was having issues which forced me to perform the Reccovery.

Thinking out loud and not really understanding partiions, volumes, images, and the like, did I somehow "use up" a partition, or such, as the result of the Recovery?

Guru
dragnoak

Re: Brand New Lenovo K330B 77472BU Desktop > Drive Letters

You didn't "lose" a drive. See this link to see about "Disk Management" in Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-add-or-remove-a-drive-letter

Use the other links within this site, to learn all about the Windows 7 operating system:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help

Cheers!

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
T420
Paper Tape
itsdavid

Apparently, I didn't get my point across. The first time i set up the computer, the two hard drives became F & G by default. After the Recovery, they became E & F, by default.

To the best of my knowledge, the first time there must have been *something* that was E. Hmmmm....could it have been Disk Image??? I notice there is now nothing labeled Disk Image, etc. now after the Recovery.

I'm thinking this brand new maching is bonkers. I've been using computers 18 hrs a day for 15 years so I know enough to be dangerous. Every time I do something on this new computer, something seems to fail. Juat an hour ago I got a "Insert Boot Disk" at power up. Files and Folders seem to come and go; Power Dial function quit working; CPU went from 100% to 52% for no apparent reason. Just lots of wierd stuff that keeps changing.

And, I have a brand new computer and can't even find a Lenovo phone number to call for help...

Paper Tape
itsdavid

For what it's worth, this brand new computer is bad. Every other time I turn it on it asks for a boot disk. And, the times it starts OK, it drops my "usb external drive. I've been at this for weeks reinstalling and reinstalling. The Power Dial shows 100% CPU and then the next time it boots it shows 52%! I'm ready to go insane. My options? Buy another new compuiter or go through $500 of more grief trying to ship this thing....